USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Evanston Northwestern ( North Shore) Healthcare IV - pubmed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey All,
Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Hows the IV like? Are there any IMGs there?and other requisites there..
thanx in advance
anyone? heard of it..
will be very helpful...
Hey Guys,

Gt the final IV confirmation there.
I would appreciate if anyone can let me know the info about the IV and process.

thanks in advance
Rare for IMG's to be interviewed but since you got one must be having very good credentials.Interview is usually general questions and not many img's in the program.It is UA Community program,was part of northwestern but now aff with uni of chicago.
Hey pubmed when are you interviewing there?once you do,please let me know how it goes.And would you like to share your credentials(year of grad,scores,usce/research,papers/publications and visa)?
Hey Hamir,

Thanks for the info.
I plan to IV there on the 19th..( they have given some 6 dates until 30th)
Did you IV there already Hamir? or do you know someone who IVed there( esp if IMG) ? will be very helpful..

my cred- 98/96/ecfmg certified 12th dec.. /2003 grad../lotsa research - 25+ publications/ ongoing USCE for 3 months ( nil in CAF!!) presentaions/awards/editorial board member in journals etc etc./ need visa
Any idea if this would appeal to them or do I need to get in "more" in my CV??
What do they look in an IMG?? Do they actually take any IMG? I donno where to get this info from...

I think your credentials are appealing. They take img's rarely but i know one closely who matched there a few years ago.He too had a good research background .They look for talent and communication skills like all good programs do. Iam yet to interview but know these things because i lived in that area for some time. A lil bit north of Evanston is one of the nicest neighbourhoods(Winnetka & Wilmette) in US.It has very good schools though it is very expensive.Plus downtown chicagi is only half hour drive. Good luck.
Hey Hamir,

thanx for the updates..Do you mind giving me ur email? Probably I would like to ask you more...When is ur IV? I'm sure your credentials must be better than mine...
my email ID is mlesp80
I wish you good luck with IV at Evanston and elsewhere..
hi guys,

i used to work there for 2 years in research, its a very beautiful hospital, very clean and very nice faculty, its as good as northwestern univeristy it self. I am not sure if they offer prematch, but f they do u should take it. I hardly saw any resident there how's IMG, i did my observership there in surgery. The city is beautiful but more expansive than chicago down town it self. All the resident there are from u of c in 2009. good luck
Hey Krebs,

Was this info good for the Medicine dept?I understand you were in the Sx dept.
Could you shed some more light on the IM residency and the depart?
my email is mlesp80 ..will it be fine if I ask you few questions over email?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2