USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: what can u do if u dont pass ur usmle steps? - hopeless_now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can someone please tell me what you can do if u dont pass your usmle steps. Does every health care profession require you to take your usmle exam or other options available, like PA, or Research assistant. Does anyone know??
anyone have any ideas.
for PA you have to go to PA school..Research requires experience..so you are stcuk between going back to school for something else or low paying allied health jobs..sorry but a fact
what do you think is better. i failed my step 1 two times, both with 74 percent...im frustrated.
i would definitely consider going to PA school..apply now for next year..it will give time to think about other options till you start PA school in 2010..if you get accepted..it's competitive
how can u apply. i did my mbbs in india.
Go to any health related agency and ask if they have something like "Medical Chart reviewer" this is what im doing now and it pays $30-45 USD a hour deepens of your experience, and consist in nothing more than looking medical charts for errors and stupids things, this positions are link to the Quality Management Department of any hospital.
PS: this is a tip, dont ask me for more info because i am very busy studying for my steps to fulfill my dream of MD in the US.
userwag, if u cud please tell me more about this position or email me sometime when u are taking ur break i wud appreciate it. i am very frustrated, i failed my step 1 twice.

medical.ecstasy.student8 @ gmail.com
Ok hare some more to all of you that just like me dint got any help when you got to this country.
I live in New York City, I find out for this position when I was looking for a job all over the city,
there is something in the health care system of USA calls Quality Management Department, but is not related to machines and pipes like i was thinking, this Department is to make sure that all the hospitals fallow the Joint Commission Rules concerning Health care.
So here is the agency that i first started with 2 years ago, I don™t work for them anymore because i am permanent now in one hospital (i will not say which but everything is so stupid an easy for a IMG that is not even funny) the only problem with some Hospitals is that they prefer RNs to do this job because a IMG will bounce ass soon they pass the steps.
uuupps I forgot the Agency:
Winston staffing http://www.winstonresources.com/

be aware this is the agency that pays less of all of them (start at 30.00 USD a hour) other start at 35.00 and 38.00 per Hour, but this agency is been in the business for like 50 years or so, this mean they have more contracts that others and they can get you jobs more quickly than others.
So start doing your research for a title like: "Concurrent Medical Chart Reviewer" or anything related to "Quality Management department" or "the Joint Commission" related
But this is not an alternative if your dream is just like my, been a Doctor in this country, but at list you will survive this horrible times in the economy.

hooo i find one that pays 35.00 / hour but they don't have a lot of time on the business

well good buy and good look
ooopppps here is the orer agency
www.tactstaff.com
Pages: 1 2