USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Challenging Question - chicagousmle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Doctor...why u asking such stupid questions to me???I am having pain and u are asking a lot of things now....give me some medicine alright??????????????? how to handle such situation????????
challenging Question 2....mother is walking in the room here there.....Doc my child is serious...he is ER...she is not interested to give history..says... doc I am in stress pls...don't ask me any questions now..............
Question: Doctor will I die ?
Possible Answer: Mrs. Ray, it must be very tough for you, but we must wait for all the investigation results to comment on that. Lets hope for the best (Smile), I will keep you informed.

Question: I am in pain ! Please give me a pain killer !
Possible Answer: I know it is not easy to bear the pain, but without unless we know what we are dealing with, it will be tough to decide the right pain-killer. As soon as we are done with a quick examination, I will have my nurse treat your pain. Is that fine Mr. Harrison?

Question: Doctor, do you think I have a fracture ??
Possible Answer: It is a possibility, but we must wait for your X-ray to arrive.

Question: Is this cancer !!!!!!!!
Possible Answer: Mrs. Hicks, I understand your apprehension, but we need to wait for investigations. I will keep you informed.

I want to die(psychiatric patient)
what to say
"I know it is not easy to go through what you are doing , but defeat is not the answer - trust me, you can fight back and i am here to help you do that. Let us do this together."

well the ans to yr first question could be....well mr smith i know u r in grt pain but i assure u that these questions can give a vital clue to asto wats troubling u and if u give me a few mins more ill arrange with the nurse to give u a painkiller str away
do we have to know about the medicolegal stuff...assault case ...wot to do n can we get a rape case....cases where we need to inform the police or various social gps...
#2, i thought all pediatric cases are on call. If it was ER , arent we going to see the child? But even for mothers challenge, we can say, mrs, xyz, i understand your concern for your child, but only with proper information, I will be able to understand the cause of your child's illness. So, if you please answer me few questions, I will be able to help you sooner, (and later you have to add:I will also need to see your baby).

about rape cases: Police will bring them, and treatment and finding in real life would be also used later by police. guess...
ans to the 2 q cud b.....mrs. roberts i understand its a very traumatic time for u but we are here to help u.....would u like to sit down ...can i offer u a glass of water......mrs roberts i know its difficult but unless u tell us about yr son we will be unable to treat the problem thats causin him to suffer so much.......do u understand mrs......time is of vital imp here.mayb keep a hand on shoulders fr empathy can we do that.(.id b happy if u point out the mistakes thanks)
can u pls elaborate on cases brought in by the police fr ex a rape case as soon as they enter wot do we do ....pls thanks a ton
well, the answer to you first question could be: Mr. XYZ, I understand you are in great pain. i am here to help you, and i will try my level best to make you feel better. But first I need to know what is going on with you and what is causing your problem. please bear me for a while. we have to conduct more investigations to better understand your conditions including few more questions and physical examination, possibly run some tests... we have many medication options for pain. we should be able to choose the best one for your pain after we can make diagnosis. let's meet again and discuss the details once the tests result back. is that Okay with you? Do you have any questions for me?
Pages: 1 2