USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: to drgowda,shine and sara - faz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well nice to know abt all of u wish u all the best in future.
i have done step1 with not an impressive knock of 78.although i had 75 to 80%in qbook and qbank which i had used for my assessment and 70%in kaplan simulated CD.

my preparation wasnt that bad,just i could not sleep well b4 exam and lost my potential and nerves and wasted my whole hard work.to all preparing for steps i will really advise all that taking rest on last day is more imp than to study boks bcs this exam requires quick thinking and quick decisions which definitely depend on preparaion but also on the alertness.if u r dull on the exam day like i was ,u will lose all ur hard work.

my question to u 3 is that im going thru the defensive mechanism of su[ppression dont my step1 exam result come into my mind and trying my level best for step 2 and really want to go above 90.im going thru my 2nd reading.have done med only in 2nd reading as yet.my socres of med in qbook 74% and qbank 76%.also have plans to do mcqs of mock,Appleton,NMS,Blue prints and of course the kaplan simulated CD and ecfmg cd in the last.
im also making notes of all the explanations.what u guys recommend me b/w UW and NBME.i want to do only one among these.
i have found u all responsive so kindly do give me ur advise ,i will really b thankful to all of guys.really dying to get above 90 in step2.
take care and GL.
WELL FAZ I SUGGEST U TO STUDY FROM A LIMITED NUMBER OF RESOURCES. ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION THAT THE RESOURCES U ARE USING FOR STEP 2 IS NOT ADEQUATE. THINGS LIKE APPLETON, Q BOOK ,NMS ARE SIMPLY WASTE OF TIME.(MY PERSONAL OPINION). KAPLAN NOTES ARE EXCELLENT BUT THERE SIMULATED CD COMES NO WHERE NEAR THE REAL EXAM AND IS A SCRAP. THE USMLE SAMPLE CD IS OF NOT MUCH HELP(Q LENGTH IN THEIR CD IS LIMITED TO 3/4 LINES , BUT ITS A DIFFERENT THING IN THE REAL EXAM) .GOOD THING IS THAT U HAVE NOT YET STARTED ON THEM . AND PLEASE DONT.

I WOULD SUGGEST U ONLY TWO THINGS .KAPLAN +USMLE WORLD. DONT TRY TO DO BOTH Q BANK AND UW(UNLESS U HAVE AMPLE TIME AND MONEY!!). I AM OF THE VIEW THAT UW IS FAAAAAR BETTER THAN Q BANK. AND IF U ARE AIMING AT SCORES OF 90++ THAN I THINK U SHOULD DEFINITELY CONSIDER UW. JUST DO IT ONCE NOTING THE EXPLANATIONS AND REVISE THEM WITH UR NOTES.
IF U DO UW THEN I PERSONALLY DONT THINK U SHOULD TRY ANY OTHERE Q BANK.MOST OF THE Q BANKS ARE OUTDATED AND NOT IN THE REAL EXAM FORMAT. AND NO Q BANK INCLUDING UW Q SIMULATES THE REAL EXAM. THE SIMPLE REASON IS THAT IN THE REAL EXAM U WONT GET HARD/EASY Q, BUT Q THAT WILL CONFUSE U TILL THE LAST WORD.
TO SCORE HIGH PREPARE FOR THE BEST .I MEAN DONT FALL IN FOR VARIOUS "EXAM EXPERIENCES". THE TEST IS RANDOM. ABOUT NBME , U CAN TAKE 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE REAL EXAM. BUT AGAIN I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT ONLY THE REAL EXAM IS BEST PREP Q BANK!!!!
thanks drgowda for giving me the time.i really wish u all the best for u in future.yeah i will apply for this UW after my complete 1st reading for a month.
take care.
Hey drgowda is right. Read kaplan notes. Blue prints for peds and obgy are good u can read them too if u have enough time.
Go for uw. Solve it in timed mode. Read explanations with full concentration. Make notes.
Pretest clinical viggneets is also a good book.It has few questions but they are good.
I solved nbme but found it really easy than uw and real exam . I solved only one form.
If u really want to score higher use only one source . Read it repetadly and keep on revising.
This is what i did.
Good luck for your exams.
Bye
than drgowda and shine.yes i have decided to use money on UW for a month.im doing my 2nd reading,planning to give exam at the end of jun or early jul.i wil start doing UW in may.

really thanx for ur advises.i will try my best and will do the same with UW as u both told,will make the note of the explanations and will revise them too.
take care guys again GL to u both,will really pray for u guys,its really been so kind and nice of u.
im planning to do UW after my complete 2nd reading as u both said.
thanx guys.
bye.