USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: please help me with this - jhawc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need your help....I am trying to help out a small non-profit clinic in Jamaica. I have not been able to visit them since Jan 08...but they are in dire need of simple things like topical abx (neosporin, bacitracin, bandages, regular tape, band-aid, scissors, peroxide, gauze, etc...what ever medical item you can get your hands on). I know this is the time of year when med schools and clinic get lots of samples...... so please, please, please if your are not in need of them please send them to me so I can forward them this clinic. I have created website JHAWC to show what I am trying to do for them.

Also, they are having an outbreak of diarrhea at this time and would like to provide simple things like boiling water for patients. So they are asking for a "hot plate burner" or a small stove....not sure how to provide either of these things.

Also, if you know how I can get samples to send...please educate me on the process. Additionally, if you have experience with charities and would like to get this one off the ground please let me know.

I you have supplies that you can send, please contact me and I will be sure to send you my home address.

I am not much help to them now as I am a resident myself...but I am doing what I can.

Be Well !!!!
Dennis
jhawc@rcn.com