USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: I am really scare of these steps!! - koolmd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all, I want to match in 2011 and havent done with step 1 yet. Whenever I think about taking it cortisol kicks in and changing my exam date/schedule everytime. I am myself feeling coward. When I change my exam date then I feel good. Don't know what to do..but all I need to know what latest month to take in order to match in 2011. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance
no one.. Common ppl help me
my friend from the previous match, took his step1 at exactly 2 august, 2009, and was able to get his certification by 27 august... so he was perfectly one time to apply for the match in sep 1..

and right now, he is happily enjoying his last free month before starting his residency.. Big Grin
Thank you very much!! Hope you get 99 in all exams..And I'll pray for you, er12.
thanks koolmd.. please do... i will too..
To er12, when did your friend took Step 2 CS and CK. I have bad anxiety problem and planning to take steps one by one cuz I have to match in 2011 otherwise I'll have to find work. Let me know cuz I may plan to take steps that way. Thank you so much again.
well, he had his tests throughout a year!
CS was even long time before that..
anyway, he was done with his CK in late jan.. then gave his step1 in august..
thats all what i can say.. Smile
HELP FOR OLD GRADS-(MULT Fails, etc)TongueGMS w/NO REQs
ALSO
-Rating USMLE Tutors/Easiest Res Pgms to Get into/
-Upgrade by Good Step 3 to get Residency
-Listings of Free UNIV IM/FM /PSYCH externships 1 -12 months

www. Imgusmleandresidency. blogspot. com (without spaces)

See this website for : the ˜real story™ behind IMGs' unique difficulties: a. Best USMLE preparation courses in terms of value and guaranteed outcomes b. Best type of non-commercial (FREE) university-based externships, their availabilities and locations c. Special discussions for "old grad-" IMGs, and those with multiple failures (i.e., LISTINGS OF THOSE FM, PSYCH, PRELIM SURG PROGRAMS that have NO GRAD DATE or USMLE Score /Attempts REQUIREMENTS) , and those that have taken more than 7 years in their steps d. How the latter may upgrade their applications through externships, good USMLE scores, etc e. The real meaning in (terms of residency application strength) of a USMLE applicant who scores 99 vs an 85 vs a 78; how many interviews does each of these categories truly receive? f. Which is the best back-up degree for someone who may not get a residency in the US (i.e., NOT MPH or nursing! instead- MBA or JD if good English skills).