USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: ethics q - amyloidosis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what would u ans if a pt is attracted towards u??
1)in FA it is wriiten,tell the pt it is not possible,but dont say"there can be no relationship,while u are a patient"
2)in Fischer ethics it is u tell the pt that this is not possible,unless u find another doctor.

so what is right.
Also in kaplan it is written a 17 yr girl,preg,we have to take consent frm parents.but what about prenatal care.
call a chaperon and/or ask Close Ended Q.
what exactly is the 2nd Q.. is it about consent or prenatal care..
it was about consent from preg girl.it was a statement.not a question.

so if in exam the above option u have written is not mentioned.and i have to select frm two i have written,which one i should chose.
I would choose no 1. in statement 2 it seems as if ur indirectly teling the patient its okay for u to go find a new doc then we have a relationship after lol I don't think its appropriate. but i don't know 100 percent. i hope other people comment on this, but that's just what i think is right.
Pg no. 64.. Fischer... it says its NOT possible to have a sexual relationship with Current AND also Former pt.
sorry Pg. No. 62 and 63.
in fischer ethics its Q no 73.answer explanation.on pg 103.
you do NOTHING

and if needed get a chaperone
if pregnant girl is an emancipated minor she doesnt need consent from parents..
dr_sconte that is right

For the issue of patient _ doctor relationship he should tell her :

i can not make any social relationship with you, and i would like continue to be your doctor.

He should not say :

i can not make relationship with you right now because i am your doctor.
Pages: 1 2