USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Really need guidance. - physiosux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am an IMG. I am supposed to take Step 1 next month.
However, I dont think I will be ready and I dont think I ever will.

I took NBME 2 last Sunday and got 185 (CBSSA 330)
I took NBME 3 today and got 180 (CBSSA 300)

I not only did worse - I went down in areas of performance I did well in last time. For this week I worked on areas that were identified as low from last week's NBME and this week I see that I improved in those areas but did worse in others.

I dont know what to do. My window period is over next month. So if I dont take it - I dont know what my school will do.

I feel hopeless and dont know if I should a program like Pass.
I did Kaplan back in March.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.
well, if your period is getting over in the next month and you think you still cant give the exam, you can think for shifting your period for one, else, have you done UW? If you haven't, do it and I am sure your NBME scores will see a drastic jump once you finish that. Keep reading FA over and over again. Repetition is the key.
Hope this helps,
Good Luck
Hello,
 We are doing online courses for USMLE step-1, 2CK and CS for the last 10 years.
All live lectures with animated slides, with MCQ .
Latest way of preparation
For further details visit our website "mediclassonline.com" or contact directly on mediclass.online.
           For a live free demo please come on skype with my ID: “drkhan58". 
Under the supervision of usmle qualified teacher
                    Thanks and good luck             Dr. Khan

Hello:

Thank you for the responses. Yes, I did do UW in fact I am currently doing my second pass thru it right now. Initially I finished the bank with 50% and now i am around 70%. (high 60's at times high 70's) I dont know really what to do. I feel like I am soo close but something is missing. I am only doing FA and UW right now. Should I read the Golijan text too? I really want to take the exam next month. I am not looking to get 99. I would be happy with >200.

Thanks for advice.
hi yes rapid review is good along with the audios, ,but is time consuming specially is this your firts reading .for me to read that took me 1 month but i very slow reader.
physiosux,
I'm in the exact situation like you. every thing you did, I did. however, your score is better tahn mine. I am not even sure where to start after seeing my NBME results. I'm hoping to find away to get out of this situation.
I'm sure you can do it. bro, let me know if you find away out.
samerkara,

I am sorry about your scores. I know its frustrating. I think you should definitely go over the NBME's you did and try to understand why the answers are wrong, because the concept will most likely be repeated on the actual step 1 exam (at least thats what I think)

I did NBME 1 today and I got 218 (480 CBSSA) - but I did NBME 1 back in July before I started really studying (before UW) I wanted to see if I am really weak or if NBME 3 is more difficult. I think NBME 3 is not a good standard compared to the others.

Everyone says to keep reading First Aid so that is what my plan is until the exam. Just keep reading and trying to memorize and understand concepts or facts.

GL.

!@samerkara, can u please tell me what u mean by NBME 3 is not a good predictor???? Too difficult or easy?
NBME 3 people say has a lot more "experimental questions" and the others with a harsher curve. But who knows. i felt it is was difficult. But thats just my opinion. If you did well on it then thats great.