USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: waiting for ck results today? - rutabling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sat on 29/11, eagerly awaiting my results today. any one else?
got the results. 89/211
thank God it is over.
Ketevan , can you pls post your experience. What were your NMBE scores, uw and Kaplan
congrats
what can I say about my experience. I studied basically 5-7 months (there was break between first review and second review). I did kaplan in one month did not finish it. average was 54%. Uworld first review average was 60% and with second time around: 82%
and my nbme-s far less then what I got in the exam.
one thing i did NBME 4: got 195/80 (?) but my test scores are not comparative because maybe all of them i did my son interrupting thousand times (have 5 year old).
exam was like Uworld and I thought tests were not as long people say on this forum. some of them were long because of labs they give. I thought was not anything new: internal medicine most of them, peds were heavily tested, had ob-gyn questions (few fetal monitoring tracings)... stats and epi was almost negligable.
basically i really thought exam was fair. though some of the questions were vague (you know the answer and don't really understand what they are asking about or which part).
Thanks for a great Job and a big spirit. Wish you luck in your endeavours
congrats ketevan...how many days before ck did u take nbme4?
how u improved ur studies after that...
i got 73/180 on uwsa today...very depressed...exam next month end...pls tell me what shud i do?
my earlier post i am posting here
Got 180 3 digit on uwsa...it equals 73 on 2-digit scale....i had got 153 on nbme 2 abt months ago...what shud i do? exam next month...job +family responsibility is killing me...to many distractions to study....
i hade passed cs and step1 with mid 80s.old graduation above 10 yrs...

i am slow reader...done only around 700 uw qs...still to do around 1400 uw qs...intense family pressure not to postpone next month exam...

if i pass ck just by 75, it will be a disaster for getting residency due to old graduation and need for visa...

Then i will have to leave residency dream forever...

But my instincts telling me to go ahead as i am too much stress on family due to usmle exams...

congrats KEtevan- you did grt; kindly plz lemme know how to extract /determine the 2 digit score from the nbme. also what is the cutoff on the nbme exam to indicate passing on the ck; rather indicating its safe to take the exam, for example, if one gets a 202 or 189 or 204/210, are these scores a good iindication to take the ck to pass it. thanx and gl in the future.