USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Is there extra fees for chaging dates on CS too??? - stalinmbbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
With prometric charging 50$ for changing dates on Step1 and CK exams...i was just wondering if there is any fees for changing dates in CS too......
I cudnt find the detail anywhere on USMLE website...
anyone know anything about it please say here
thanks
yes it should be changed 14 days before ..or else u will b charged 150$...thts wt i know
n well i got a new ecfmg letter yesterday stating date should now be changed 30 days prior..i wonder if it applies to all steps
okay here it is

There are no Step 2 CS rescheduling fees for applicants who cancel scheduled testing appointments more than 14 days before the scheduled test date. Rescheduling fees do apply to applicants who cancel within 14 days of their scheduled test date and those who miss their scheduled test date without canceling. All dates are based on Eastern Time in the United States.

This policy allows applicants registered for Step 2 CS to schedule their testing appointments early, while retaining the flexibility to reschedule at no cost, with a minimal period of notice. Applicants are strongly encouraged to register early and schedule testing appointments for the earliest possible date. If you have registered or plan to register for Step 2 CS, you should be familiar with the requirements and fees associated with rescheduling a Step 2 CS testing appointment. The date that you cancel your appointment, using Eastern Time in the United States, will determine whether you pay a rescheduling fee and the amount of this fee.

If you cancel more than 14 calendar days before (but not including) your scheduled test date, there is no fee to reschedule.

If you cancel during the 14-day period before (but not including) your scheduled test date, your fee will be $150 when you reschedule.

If you miss your scheduled testing appointment without canceling, your fee will be $400 when you reschedule.

Registered applicants can browse available test dates and indicate scheduling preferences by accessing Step 2 CS Calendar and Scheduling from the website of their registration entity (ECFMG or NBME). For complete information on Step 2 CS rescheduling policies, refer to the USMLE Bulletin of Information.

thanks so much jia...that was very helpful