USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: NBME7 Block3 q48 - usmleny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what is the ans and why.....explain me plz????
D?
I took it online and for sure is not C
Did you take it online too?Because some answer from the answer key that I have are not right and I wanted to see if you got the right answer
thanx amusmle for reply...i did nbme7 offline...and was confused abt this q btw C&D...can u xplain me why it is period prevalence...plzzz
Point prevalence is a measure of the proportion of people in a population who have a disease or condition at a particular time, such as a particular date. It is like a snap shot of the disease in time. It can be used for statistics on the occurrence of chronic diseases.

This is in contrast to period prevalence which is a measure of the proportion of people in a population who have a disease or condition over a specific period of time, say a season, or a year.

It can't be incidence, since incidence measures the new cases, and in our question are talking about established cases.

Got it?

How about Q 21 and 43?
Thanks
thnx amusmle for nice xplanation...yes i got it now...

Q21.....ans isD coz vol loose due to burn so BP decrease that lead to decrease RPF &dec GFR
as BP dec then Aldosterone shud INCREASE that lead to increase sodium reab & increase K secretion so point B&C can exclude....and AS BP dec so ADH shud increase that increase water reab so A can exclude.....

Q43....ans isB..coz sedative overdose supress resp center so Pco2 incresae so resp acidosis that shud be compensated by met alk so HCO3 shud inc bt here no compensation preset .As HCO3 is dec that means met acidosis may be due to resp acidosis cause tissue hypoxia that lead to lactic acidosis due to anaerobic glycolysis...thats how i exclude other options.....
thank you usmleny
for Q43

they way i asnwer these questions ,
If the PCo2 and Hco3 move in different directions , its combined

in case of respiratory Acidosis , the Hco3 should go up trying to compensate .
if its at the normal level , then its Uncompensated

if it goes below the normal level , that Makes it combined