USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Does this sound normal to many of u !! - charmingme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys !! in real neeed of some advice ... i just started uworld about aday ago. i have reviewed the kaplan notes twice and i am currently doing only internal medicine on uworld. the problem is i am scoring only 20 % or less .. i did two ten question blocks ..and my correct answers are never there . the thing i find is many of the topics have just not been discussed in the kaplan notes is it that i should be knowing these thigns beforehand ... .please kindly advise me as i am depressed . i have started studying step 2 ck first, havnt given my step 1 .
i just logged on ... to ask for the same thing , except i've read the notes only once , i was doing reasonably well , but i just did 15 ques and got 26% . i'm soooooo depressed .
i'm trying to tell myself .. this is only happening once ....

no i don't think it's normal !! atleast i'm not feeling too good right now ... my exam is not so close , but it's not that far either .

so charm my friend , lets pull up our sleeves and buckle our shoes , we need to not just work harder , but systematically .

good luck ! and wish me the same ..!

guys do u world as stdy tool....do it system wise.....u ll benefit maximum.....and dnt wrry abt the score here.....read u r wrong ques and make notes....
just keep wrking hard MLE is not easy my frnd,...its just begun....keep going believe me the harder u wrk the easier it gets.....so gud luck....
thanks dr gasrto ...
some times all we need is a bit of encouragement .
thanks gastro for the advice ...... spring i am sure something good will really come out of this .... ziakhanmohammed is address .... lets be in touch together wid ur preps .. will constantly mail u my progress .....

anyone else reading please try and explain whether i should be reading the notes once again or continue with my uworld
hello everybody...with uw its a very noemal phenomenon...in some exam my score will be high like 77% or even above 80% but sometime i end up getting below 50
my exam is not that far.. i read step up for medicine..totally skipped kaplan coz i didn't like it..dunno what will be the outcome at the end..but step up almost has all the concepts uw asks about.

i hav my CS exam before CK..so my prep will be interrupted in between..

when r ur exams?
my suggestion, do UW by system, not mixed. By then u can tell which subject u do poorly and which ones u do well. Then review very well the ones where u did poorly.
Mind you, step2ck is easier than step 1 although both are difficult.
I disagree. I feel Step 2 is more difficult. I have been studying for a month and half now (hardcore), but I've been out of clinical sciences for almost 2 years (been working in pathology for 2 years). I'm getting between 50-65% on my exams. I'm also working full time. So I think it depends on the person, and what suits them better. Also, I would recommend doing UWORLD not by system, but randomized. Then review, IN DETAIL. You need to practice the timing, and getting randomized questions. Maybe in the beginning by system is better, but eventually u want to do random questions.....so save some questions in each category for that.
I had the same experience. I feel that it is normal as a beginner. My approach had gotten better now that the questions in uw and MTBs are training me to think more clinically. That's the purpose of this exam. It's getting much better. I take notes from uw as many on the forum have advised and I re-do my incorrect problems system by system. Regard the learning more than the numbers. LEARN from your mistakes with UW. Hope this helps!