USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: NBME 11 block 2 q 1 to 50 - maryam2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Welcome....,Please choose and answer the Qs in order. We are always looking for more volunteers. ... Any help would be appreciated .Thank you.
*********************************************************************************************
1.CC

Aspirin accetylates and irreversibaly inhibits cyclooxygenase..both coc1 and cox2 to prevent the conversion of arachidonic acid to thromoxane A2....inc. bleeding time ,no effect on PT and PTT.
2.FF

Levofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It functions by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase iv which is an enzyme necessary to separate replicated DNA, thereby inhibiting cell division.

3.AA

The deltoid is innervated by the axillary nerve. The axillary nerve originates from the ventral rami of the C5 and C6 cervical nerves, via the superior trunk, posterior division of the superior trunk, and the posterior cord of the brachial plexus.

Axillary nerve lesion

***Sensory supply
over deltoid
***Sensory loss
small area over deltoid
***Area of pain
across shoulder tip
***Motor deficit
second 90° of shoulder abduction (deltoid)
(teres minor cannot be evaluated)
***Causative lesions
# neck of humerus, dislocated shoulder
deep IM injection
4.B?

I think because p value is less than
4.B?

what is happened?I can't post entire the answer Sad
I try to post it again..

4.B

5.BB

HSV-1 is the more common cause of adult encephalitis. HSV-2 is the more common cause of newborn encephalitis. The encephalitis affects the temporal lobes of the brain in most cases
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10