USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: ethycs - sonia29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
16 years old boy come with his mother to the office . His mother concern and think her son has drug problem. His PMof athma andhe is currently using albutarol inhaler before exercise. He admit he used to drink alcohol in the past, the mother claim her son deteriorate from school and has bad friend. The boy’s father is divorced and have alchol and drug problem. The boy older brother abuse cocaine for 2 years. Mother pulls you aside and want to test her son of drug without inform him. Your best response?
a) Agree to do toxicology screen but review the result to patient first before his mother
b) Agree to do toxicology screen only if and after discussing it with the patient , he agrees to the test
c) Agree to do toxicology screen without patient knowledge asmother request
d) Decline to do screen as you do not want to get envolved in the middle
e) Decline to do screen without court order

BB is d answer.
i think CC..
bcoz the patient is 16 years old and parents request is sufficient.
wts the answer sonia 29 ???
bump
B.
njsteps
please explain..
r u thinking for partial emancipation????
there is no way partial emancipation comes into this picture .. the answer is A ..... the patient has to be reviewed either alone first or along with his mother but its mandatory that both pt and parents are informed
the ans is B.. reason.. any think with std, drug,and oc,
should be confidential. you dont need to participate parents here... i think the ans is b..
what is the ans
If pt is less than 15 then I think CC would be ans.. but if 16 or more then BB is right ans..

thats i m thinking.. i m not sure.. correct me i m wrong..

whats ans Sonia29??
Pages: 1 2