USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: USMLE step 1 paranoia !!!! - halaa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, so my USMLE step 1 will be end of March and I haven't started yet!!! yea thats right ! what would be your best advice for a study materials. Im not a big fan for Kaplan products and long readings kill me ....what do you think of DIT ? Is it worth it ? I have to be honest that last year I studied like crazy for step 1 (Kaplan....Qbank...Goljan....FA..bla bla bla ) then I didnt pass the test....huge disappointment !!! Im not eager to go through this process all over again but as you know I have no other options.....I have passed USMLE 2 CS from the first time and I still need to do step 1 and step 2 CK.....let me know what you think...I really wanna pass step 1 this time...Its driving me nuts !!!! I consider myself as highly intelligent person but step 1 is making me feel like an idiot !!! You know what I mean . so what is the best plan ? books? resources ? etc
Thanks guys !
guys....I see like 8 reviews .....no answers yet !!! thoughts suggestions will be greatly appreciated ....Thanks !
Hellooooooooooo..anybody home ?!!!
seriously ?!!! you guys say something !
Sorry to break it to you, but I think Kaplan is KEY! (Depending on how long ago you finished basic sciences). First Aid is important too, but you have to have a strong foundation. If you cannot tolerate reading perhaps try watching the videos or taking notes --- Something more interactive. Good luck.
sweet tea..thank you... I appreciate you....I dont mind spending hours studying dont take me wrong..I just wanna make sure that Im putting my efforts in the right direction. last year I invested many hours with Kaplan, FA, Goljan, UW and when I went to take the test I had no clue...so I just wnna try something different ...did you pass step 1 already ? and what did you do ? Thanks much !
Hey anytime. I would say spend most of your time grasping the concepts in Kaplan, take an NBME, you will see a constant increase in scores. I'm still studying and my focus has been kaplan lecture notes and first aid. For path, I think Rapid Review Path is excellent.
Also, I think to get an opinion of someone who has already passed, gotta post on the Step 2 forum... lol! GL
Thanks again Sweet tea...your awesome !!!
feel for u Halaa but I am just startingalso,very confused as to study plan n I hate Kapln notes,spent a whole 2mo on anat n cnt recall mch. ]but I have startd attackn it again,just have to.sweetrea,do u mean RR goljan patho? how do u get goljan audio n NBMEs,just askn for later.
Pages: 1 2