USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: My exam experience - yay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have never thought I could advice anyone as most times I was the one asking for advice from my forum friends. Smile I would like to thank my friends tigercatbbvf, grad1980, hopesahead, examusmle and so many more I came in contact with.

I started preparing seriously mid-june 2011, and gave test mid-jan with some breaks. I mainly relied on UW and MTB. I have a problem reading text for long so I would do UW Qs and learn from then and refer MTB for the topic.. So most of my prep was retrograde. I had poor performance in nbmes1,2,3 in october 2011(ranging from 202-209), so I postponed my exam and I think it was the right thing to do.

I think after giving exam I can safely say its a combination of step 1 with step 2 stuff.. A lot of basic pathophys with some pharm.. So those of you who took step 1 a while back (>6 months), please look at some path n pharm, coz I felt short there..my step 1 was in summer of 2010.

Other than that do look at some derm images, I got plenty of them. Medicine n peds were heavily tested but fair enough. Obs&gyn was more than UW in terms of no. of Qs but surgery was much less.. Psych was simple, MTB2 psych helped me in diagnosis Qs since its given very simply there. I got a star here. Ethics was very ambiguous. Stats were simple formulae, apart from abstract and drug ad Qs, which were not my cup of tea frankly.

I guess that and it up.. And yes, my nbme 4, two days before exam was 500/230 and UWSA five days before was 740/260.
Final score: 233/82
congrats yay. its a great score.
congrats yay,,,u got really decent score
i hope u will reply me soon as my exam is just in 3 days,,

how u managed your break time,,
did you end tutorial just in start or you checked headphone etc,,
including skip tutorial how much break time we get if we skip tutorial,,
1 hour for 44 questions right,,??

plz respond,,
thnx,,
when we skip (end block ) tutorial it says,,

no of unanswered questions 11,,,
we have to solve those 11 questions or not i think no ,,,but then why it says no of unanswered q 11,,
just for practice??

yay plz respond,,
me freaking out
hey congrats yay, i also have a question about the tutorial do we have to answer the questions or can we skip it???
i dont think u have to answer the tutorial questions... they r just examples of the real test, not actual test.
Congratulations you did great. I have a question for you.. someone of the forum told me that length of the question is longer than UW question, Are they comparable to NBME questions?

How many stat and abstract qs were there over all?
hi yay congratulations....

do u think uw step 2 is enough for step 1 content in step 2 or need to go over uw step 1 ?
which single book u think is good enough for step 1 for step 2?
can we answer media q from qstem itself ?
thanks
congratulations. nice score

still waiting. bless myself
Pages: 1 2 3