USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: exam in 2 days, has anyone taken step 1 recently? - happydays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,
has anyone taken the step1 recently? what was it like? which areas were they focused on,
also my exam in just 2 days, which NBME do u think is best to do today? so stressed out!
wish me luck and good luck to all of you!
all the very best.. do well...
Good Luck Smile
Since your exam is in 2 days, FIRST go over Very Fastly the subjects and topics you have difficulty FROM FIRST AID + POINTS you made from UW. You are visually recollecting with this fast review, you are not actually learning newly but revising to improve your memory for exam. Besides your weak areas, try to Review the formulas from Biostatistics, Cardio-Renal-Respiratory PHYSIO, Genetics hardyweinbergs. Go over quickly the Behavioural sciences also from FA, Micro Visual review, Pharm of all organ systems very quick review. Biochem VHY topics review.
GL.

Remember,, be satisfied with your review what ever you could do , since it is not these two days you studied but long term preparation you did is what helps in your exam,, but above mentioned kind of review helps improve confidence before exam.

Sleep early the day before exam, try to get minimum of 6hrs of sleep, which is what helps you stay strong during last 3 blocks of exam. Dont stress out.
Thank you all very much esp good2day for your advice, have you taken the exam already? thank you all and please pray for me and hope to be able to do my quick review... Smile
Good luck
@happydays,, yes i did. I felt very comfortable attending the exam by doing fast review of FA as i advised to you,, it gave me good confidence levels as i keep moving pages i realised that i already studied many times those topics, but from first page to last page i moved them,, spent more time for those topics i always thougth are TOUGH,, so i moved on. Particularly for PHARM i spent time carefully. ALL graphs and charts from FA i concentrated,,, the PICTURES from FA i concentrated,, HEMATOLOGY pictures ( wbc,rbc, lymphoid tissue related ones) I DID FROM GOLJAN(VHY).

How i did in exam i dont know, but while attending exam, i didnt feel stressed out by unnecessarily thinking of anytopic or subject that i mighth have revised.

FORMULAS i practiced by writing,, it wont take much time,, but writing them helps a lot.

i cannot tell anything more about my exam at this stage,, so i wish you GL,, u are just fine,, go for it. Be strong, believe in ur ability,, bye.
GOOD LUCK
GL
just took my exam today..............ask away ur doubts....
Pages: 1 2