USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: best time and center - pptyson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys,
as everybody knows, format is gonna change and i couldn´t get a place before that.
So, the only thing i have to do is to take this test after may and obviously with the new format. It´s gonna be my second attempt.
what do you think guys, which is the best moment to take it (month???), and the center... doens´t matter???

Thanks.
@pptyson : As you already have an idea about the current format, it's better to go ahead and take the exam before 19th may. You will easily find dates anywhere you want if you look consistently for it.
first assess urself in which thing u was failed if u have improved that then try to take if not then first improve that mistakes then take .don't waste ur chances b/c it is in ur negative points for residency.it is little change in patient notes u can do it .
ghuman, do you think they will have any more changes than in patient notes ? If that is the only thing, I think FA gives enough points in the case discussions to substantiate with one or 2 pertinent positive or negetive findings for every diagnosis, right? And we need to write only 3 DDs and 3 workup orders in the order of importance. The overall assessment will also vary on a few more new categories. What is your opinion?
Thanks guys for anwering my question!
Cadet99. Every day I try to find a day and nothing...
Ghuman59. You are right, thanks. I think I did pretty good the first time, but I´m not sure what happened. Actually I have a full time job, and I can´t practice. I´m thinking to retake it at the end of this year starting my preparation in august or september. My concern is about the new format, the time is the same, but I think it is gonna take more time for PN.

Well, only God knows everything, and I proud for the opportunity to retake this test and pass.

Thanks.
To pptyson:
The trick to get the date you want is to do it through mozilla with an add-on called "Check4Change", it will automatically refresh the website in the time you set it (i have set to refresh every 5 seconds). I easily found a date on may 8th, then april 30th, and now april 24th. So install it, and I am absolutely certain that you will find something.

GL Smile
Thanks a lot mitsua!
I gonna try!
don't rush, on ur score report u can see what is/are deficiencies in exam from ur side no doubt u did very well from ur side but they have set a certain criteria for assessment and we have to prove ourself so believe in God and try it again God will help ..........patient notes i think not a big change we can improve typing with more practice ..........because some things are in our hands and some things are in GOD's hands so ...i think u can understand what i m trying to say.where do u live??and what kind of job u r doing any kind of research or lab job??
Thanks ghuman59 for your advice!
Yeah I understand everything you are saying.
Actually, I´m in my country, Lima, Peru, south america. I work as a general practitioner in a private clinic.
Thanks again and keep in touch!
what is your email?
my email is drghuman59
Pages: 1 2