USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Why we did not match? This is why - drfp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The 2012 Main Residency Match was the largest in NRMP history.

More than 38,000 applicants vied for 26,772 PGY-1 and PGY-2 positions.

In addition, the NRMP debuted the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance ProgramSM
That is insane!
its right from the NRMP front page today

The US is not what it was since Obama has cut the money so much more and more residency spots are closing

there are less residency spots in 2012 than in 2009
True
Is this largest?
and dats how system seems fair and not corrupted ! Sad....keep attracting imgs to rip off pockets ....!!! can someone ask them to be honest and truthful?
so there is 12,000 more people than teh number of positions available,,interesting,,I thought there is much more,,, should we be happy now!!!,, we are not a small minority guys,, we have the power of numbers .... your money ,my money any money is accepted with warm smile and a hug,,, so don`t be sad unmatched fellows at least something from our side is good and respected,,hehehehe
Need to quit in this impossible mission
Even I am. Not worth it...
It's not what it used to be... Sad but true...
Too many IMG applicants for too few highly desired residency slots. I would spread the word to all of your colleagues considering the US that it is very, very difficult, if not next to impossible to come here without top board scores, research, and most of all, professional contacts. If people are more informed about how difficult it is to get in, maybe they won't waste thousands of dollars and years of their lives trying to get in.
Pages: 1 2