USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: old graduate, is it worth trying ? - stepspeare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hi all. i am looking for a sincere and serious advice . i am an old graduate 2006 . and planning to study for usmle exams, obviously going to start with step 1 exam . my concern is passing the 5 year old graduate timeline . Is it worth it giving all usmle exams now ? Am i going to get the residency ? as i am already 6 year to graduation or i should look for something else. looking forward for a sincere advice.
kindly help me taking an important decision.
i will be thankful.
Yes it's worth it. Start with kaplan notes, then kaplan and UW q banks, and make your own notes on FA; Good luck.
am a 2003 grad .. and i m appearing this april .. i never thought about being an old grad .. there are people older than me who passed out with good scores .. so go ahead ..
thanks alot guys for ur replies .
@owlcity as u said u know ppl older than 2003 trying for this .
but my question is that am i going to get residency after doing such a hard work for these exams being an old grad of 2006 ??
@house2012 can u tell me in detail how its worth it ? i mean do u know this much old graduate, given usmle exams and gotten residency ? i will be thankful !
im really worried guys kindly help me taking an important decision of my life !
thanks
Many people with old YOG got matched this year, but you need to work hard to get good scores in the steps, and some LORs from US to improve your CV. Just go for it, this is my 2 cents.
keep trying or else this would be a BIG REGRET if you dont try...im a 2004 grad with two kids.
thanks for replying guys .
@1128 regret is not only the thing that has to be addressed, if we try to keep the regret away the only thing left in the end would be regret . so in my dictionary there is no regret !
secondly i am assuming there are not many old grads here like 2006 and old . besides if there are old grads, can u guys share ur experiences with usmle exams ? how u guys are preparing for step 1 exam and do u know people who got residency with this much old grad year ?? and what are the prospective's after giving the usmle steps ?
AND KINDLY IF SOMEONE CAN ALSO SHARE HOW TO ACE THIS EXAM ??
ur replies will be highly appreciated .
thanks.
So do I need to stop studying? Since I am a 1995 graduate
Will be taking exam in about 2 months
You never know your chances unless you try, if you dont try you will lose 100%, munira2003 grad
There are plenty of people who have a greater gap between their graduation and residency. You will be able balance the gap mainly by three things - a reasonable score + clinical experience in the USA, which produces the the third things - a US letter of recommendation.

If you need a help with studying, you may go with a study partner (not always reliable) or a tutor. I do tutor for Step 1 and the program is planned according to your personal needs - if you are interested, feel free to contact me at i.kk38
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7