USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: typing speed?????????????? - goosebump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what should be the typing speed to finish the patient note in ten minutes , minimum speed any tips to improve the speed exam very soon , please help.
thanks and good luck to all.
heh typing is nothing big ! just assess the following : in 10 min how much are you able to type or how complete is your pn ? are you following the diagnosis , investigations , physical exam or hx in that order ?
are you using the accepted abbreviations?
i would suggest you to keep practising the pn .. atleast a part of the hx say from ros and most of the physical exam is going to be the same for most of the cases : so if you practice you will develop a word memory
next is the how good you know the dd and inv they will help you in not wasting time in thinking about those in the exam
considering your exam is close i guess this should help ..
good luck !!
any one else could help me , thanks pseudomonas i am following the same pattern but still cant finish on time.
facing the same problem.completed my pn in 25 mins.....imagine....Smile
oh ok ! how much are you able to complete .. could you post me your pn on may be i can give you some suggestion !! typing should not be the reason for you to panic or to think about postponing your exam .. when is your exam btw ??
and denov0 11 .. dont worry i too faced the same problem - with 1 month to go !! so if i was able to complete my pn in time i think anyone can .. just spare 1 - 2 hrs for typing it worked out for me !! i never bothered about typing speed the thing is you sholud be able to fininsh the pn in that time not the speed of typing !! beacuse its the flow of thoughts is another important factor thats determines typing speed ... you can take typing classes just to know where the words are located on the keys .. if you type the patients notes again .. you will develop word mmory that in fact helps !
Hi pseudomonas12 !!
Due to slow typing, can we type everything in lower case or everything in capital to save time? & will that be acceptable?...Any ideas
yeah you can type the entire pn in caps !! its the content thats is more important !! but try to use the important side heads say ROS, allergy , meds, PSH, PMH, FH, SH : it will not take time if you keep practising ..
thanx!!
thanks i can type my patient notes in about 13-14 minutes , i am worried about that delay which i am facing now yes u r right flow of thoughts is also very important, my speed is between 20-23/minute i cant make it better on the keyboard it is more slow exam in next 5 days i dont know how to manage it i am using all the abbreviations.
thanks for sharing and helping.
Pages: 1 2