USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Q@Q timed 72sec ❶ - cardio69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A 29 y/o M Starbucks employ was found dead at basement apt by the apartment manager, who had been called by the decedent’s employer because of failure to report to coffee shop for the past 72hrs. You are the one performing the autopsy. An external examination http://i.imgur.com/Wp3pyzX.png?1 and no signs of trauma. A gross appearance of the heart at autopsy also shown on d figure. Which of the following lab findings is most likely to provide evidence for the cause body in front of you?

a)↑ anti/streptolysin O titer
b)POS ANCA serology
c)↑ Creatine kinase MB fraction
d)POS blood culture for catalase & coagulase bug
e)High double stranded DNA autoAb titer

72sec....
D?
its splinter h'gg and valvular vegetation.
D
Please ans the q 72 sec now I know u are there esp Helena.

Lets assume the blood culture for catalase & coagulase bug was NEG and external examination reveals splinter as u see in img & valve was norm...

If I would of told, investigation for attempted murder from family mems, you find out that pat was immigrant for Laos and been well 3 wks earlier after sister wedding that served pork dish from family that animal raised and 64hrs after the wedding reportedly he had dev abdominal pain & diarrhea and a week after onset of diarrhea he dev headache, swelling around eyes and sever muscle pain and his and 48 hrs before his death lab in ER reveals Eosinophilia (11,999 /mm3)

Biopsies "splinter" would reveals ? (DX?)
Trichinosis
Sorry I know it's more than 72 s since u post q,just got home
Rt.

@Helena is there any "effective treatment" 4 Trichinosis? (If YES, can u tell me in SEVERE sym pat what we give?)
First Antihelmint
Please name me ?
Then maybe immunosuppressive to hypersensitivity symp
Pages: 1 2