USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Is this true?? - sweety_usmle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just getting tiered of studying and looking at questions. These days I am feeling like I can only understand questions not a person or personal feelings or anything else. I just want to know and understand questions. I eat, sleep, talk USMLE CK nothing else. Exam is like dancing on the head and mocking me. I went here and there and saw this site http://www.medicalopedia.org/4030/nbme-k...ion-table/

Now I am 73% with my first UW. Lets not even go to second attempt cause it will be more than 90% thanks to shear memorization and familiarization with those questions. Now 73% comes as 249. Believe me that is way more than I would ask. But is that correlation true to any sense? I am yet to take one NBME and UWSA. I just want to pass these and get used to questions before my real deal.

I know I am talking too much and want to believe in that correlation (be it false) but it gave me a new hope and feeling of new enthusiasm. So, is that correlation true to any regards??

Thank you
I've seen different correlations and everytime I do something thats not an nbme, I constantly look for correlations and for some idea of how im going to do but your best predicator will be nbmes and maybe uwsa. I think anything else it would be hard to tell. If you get really high uworld scores but low nbmes, then you would follow the nbme scores because why take that chance?

Keep studying the way you are and you'll do great. good luck : )
tbh, I have heard various say that uw for CK is easier compared to the exam, which was opposite for step 1 so I strongly think that you should give NBME/UWSA for self assessments

Thank you!
haha u already did!! great thank you!!!! pls everyone share ur experience it is very important !

if u guys who already took STEP 1 can share your UW world% and NBME scores and real exam score that will be very helpful

thanks everyone !!!!
do not worry sweety you did great on step 1 n you will do great on ck as well .kust relax n give assessment .have faith in yourself
@medplus: Thank you !! But the thing is CK is in no way any thing less scarier than step 1. Its just false belief that since its all clinical and we are so much into click stuff compared to basics but the questions and the trick they use is no way less scarier. I am starting to get a little bit of confidence. Rest is all in god's hand. Lets hope we all do good.

May the force be with all of us.