USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Raritan Bay medical question - defeatthebeast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Could some kind soul tell me what type of questions they ask at raritan bay....kinda hard to read the whole MTB again just in prep of this...thank you so much
the pd will asks you what's your area of interest and then he will give you scenarios in that area. Dont say that you're okay answering any Qs because he may venture into areas that you are comfortable with. As for me i emphasized that i loved preventive medicine and so that was the area that he asked me about. Overall a decent program and nice PD.
I got iv with chief resident, he asked me ddx for acute serious headache and chest pain, my 2nd interviewer was faculty member, she asked about DM management, medication side effects, why this not that, prognosis questions, guidelines.

no time to meet the residents, I dont know why, they dont let you talk to them during lunch or morning report, just the chief and he will do the tour too.

may be other people had different experience but this was mine.
Good luck
Thanks zelda and usmle1980, truly appreciate it
when i interviewed last week we spoke to many residents and they were VERY friendly and were even the ones to initiate conversation with us. A first year resident and not the chief, gave us the tour.
How would you guys say this hospital is compared with the others you interviewed at?

I loved the first two i Interviewed at so will probably be ranking them higher then this program unless im blown way

only 4 interviews so far :|
It was my second interview, but i have to say it was a pleasant surprise not only to me but to some candidates that have had over 10 interviews. When you get there you'll see what i mean.
what is their focus?fellowships?hospitalist or primary care?what do they like their resident to become?
and what time we should be there?is it 10 am or 10:30?
The hospital is nice, if you are interested in the facility per se. I don't think your odds of getting into a competitive fellowship afterwards would be very high... Of course, if you want ID, you'll be fine Wink but then I don't even know anything about their fellowship placement and carrier of recent path, they didn't give us a presentation of the program or any materials to read, and it doesn't say much on their website.
Pages: 1 2 3