USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: emergency medicine match - kasem26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any one accepted in er ... i matched in er
I might have.... I had FM as back up but really hoping its EM. Where did you rank?
In puerto rico upr
I only ranked/interviewed for EM in NYC and MI.

Congrats!
Thanks buddy
Congrats guys. that is amazing!!can u guys just give a few pointer son how to get USCE in the ER for that all important SOLR. I am applying in EM this year in the NY/NJ/CT area. Also, what weree your guys credentials if u dont mind me asking!! any advise will be remembered forever. thanks again
I really cant give you any pointers on USCE - im assuming its Clinical experience in the US?

I did all my rotations in the US.... went to carib top 4, and I'm a citizen so I have no idea how other people did it. But I'll tell you this : EM is super competitive because its a trend, I don't even know if I matched in it, could be FM.... depending on how far down my rank list I matched.

here is an idea though; you can apply to be a scribe in a hospital ED with a residency program... that way you can make connections. I would also go outside of the NYC/NJ?CT area. There are too many people interested in EM. you need to get into a hospital in the Midwest or somewhere no one else wants to go.
2007/citizen/228/230/cs all first attempt no step 3 / speak english/spanish/arabic/ doing internship in puerto rico did observership 2 months in ed
congrats kasem26 can you tell me which months did you do the observer?
Felicidades!!!!! kasem26
Can you tell me where in Puerto rico you are doing your internship and if it is paid?
Pages: 1 2