USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Should I quite - tallent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2002 gRAD
Step1 80%(2nd attempt)
step2 77(1st attempt))
CS (1st attempt)
Step 3 passed (3rd attempt)
1year observarship/externship in various programs and clinic
4 years working in clinical research
Applied for 5 times
Not matched.
Find connections, It might help you. Good Luck!
I know a doctor he matched to FM rural program with multiple attems in step 1& 2, YOG 12 yrs, through connection and good iv skill.

Try to get connection.
This forum has many motivational success stories for tough credentials. Your situation requires great deal of hard work and dedication. Don't quit.
keep faith in your self...you will succeed.
hi tallent,

I know its very competitive out there. as everybody said...develop good connections in a program....look out for openings through connections......
gl
did u get any ivs, if yes then u need to work on ur interview skills , It should be that perfect that they would say "we want this guy""......Interview is the key, hire some one even If u get 1 IV next year. People don't realize how important the interview/presentation is???they are only interested in number of IV's
But my scores are very low and grad year is >12 yrs.
I have only 3 months observership experience in psych.
All other observerships are in fm/ im.
My English speaking is not good enough. Will it worth to start experience in psych now with research ,externships? My kid is also started middle school.
Will it worth to leave my current research job and starting psych experience at this almost 40 yrs age?
I am confused . Is there any counsellor available who can guide me in right path ?
Don't quit
keep fighting
you will get it one day
try to publish
Did you have any iv?
Without strong connections your chances are 0.
Pages: 1 2