USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Iranian Applicants can not get ECFMG - ebolanow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
according to ECFMG Iranians applicant can not get ECFMG

or apply for any more exams.

Canada supposedly broke the news.

Hi, could you please share the source of the news, any reliable links, etc
I got an email from my program today asking if I could get visa, and if I had any problems, I told them I have no visa issues. They said, because of all this, ECFMG supposedly has sent notice to many programs.

I say this since one friend from NY has told me this.

This is some how effecting J-1 visa since they can not sponsor Iranians anymore. As I understand.

So now as of this year many program that are IMG friendly will know. This is all bunch of crap.
but WHY? on WHAT GROUND????
that's sick... they are perpetuating resentment themselves
houshangpalang I wonder why you say that. according to that link, this regulation does not include those who have already got approved credentials. So I do not think it will affect the visa status. It also says they are going to find out some alternative for process....
US treasury Board funds the J-1 Visa process and collects money from J-1 process by ECFMG and SEVSIS

Iran as of May 12th is on that list.

Is all about the sanctions.

Is this because of that OFAC that got updated couple of weeks ago.

So US treasury has J-1 visa money from ECFMG and ECFMG did they pay Iran ? or ECFMG got money from iranian applicants to do do visa.

So now is violation so they got sanctioned. Damn.

And how is that gonna affect us?! : )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5