USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Chances for old graduate - drvivekgumber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
old graduate more than 8 or 9 yrs with good score have chances for Match.
yes. Heard stories from the forum. All the best for a successful match.
I think it depends on lots of things (score, type of residency program, observership, network,...luck too). The first thing which matters is your score. Next to that is your clinical experience in the US & your ability to demonstrate that with recommendation letters. I guess you know about observerships. After that, it is nice to widen your network of current residents which may be key for your residency application acceptance. Past graduates, if they are recent ones, may help too if they have good relationships with program directors. Please note that you must pass all the exams on the first try & try to avoid for applying for competitive university programs (unless you are dead sure). These are all I got from friends who graduated 12 years back but able to make it even to the top fellowship programs like cardio & GI. Good luck with the match. Hopefully, you'll be one of my resources too when the time comes