USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: ethics - revankar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if the patients family dis agress with his living will and demand care that contradict the patient's written wishes,the best initial step is to

obtain a court order
discuss the situation wiht the family
contact the hospital ethich committteee
GO WITH THE SAYING OF LIVING WILL
ONLY THE Pt CAN REVOKE LIVING WILL
DISCUSS THE SITUATION WITH FAMILY
Well I gues we like to try the easy way first before going overboard so lets discuss this siutation w/ family members. If unsuccessful go to hospital committee and I guess next step would be court order
pt has always preference what ever he/she wants
Respect the patient wishes
Guys we already know Pt will is primary. What is your choice from the three answers given above?
discuss if theres a living will and if contradicts the rel wishes follow the WILL but must resolve/discuss issues first with rel, and make sure they understand
i too had picked up--living will--coz we have learnt--that the will speaks for the patient----but in uw---they have said that--wen the family demands care for the betterment of the patient--it is best to talk it out wiht the family--rightly as ben said----then take it to the hosp ethich committee----

but at the end of this i am still confused--what is the deciding factor---living will or family wishes??????????????????????