USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 (/showthread.php?tid=788766)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-23-2014

thanks pfo, my YOG is 2011, after I resigned I am working in primary care at my country, I voluntarily resigned, I dont have a LoR from my PD, but have 3 from my attendings

please let me know

thanks again and good luck

so your scores are good, your yog is more than ok, you have good lors from your attendings which is a big plus, you voluntarily resigned which is a huge plus also. try to get iin touch with your PD and request an LOR from him. It will be a huge plus and also it will be easy for you to apply directly for PGY 2 positions if they open which you come to know using other tools /websites/resources....

also try to get a diploma stating you successfully completed your internship at your program for PGY 2 applications. Also you should seriously consider applying to PGY 2 positions.

Good luck

thanks

@chester i think you need to speak to your old program about how this would work becuase, residency programs only have funding for a designated number of years per resident. For example, if you had joined an IM residency, and you got paid for the one year, then you only have 2 years worth of funding left, meaning you can only get paid for 2 years out of 3 if you start at pgy-1 again, and many programs may not be ok with this (this is what ive heard from friends). Again, this is heresay so I'd try to find out from your old program and call a few programs youre interested in as well and let them know the situation so you can figure out exactly how to go about it. GL!

hi guys,
Anybody knows tips about when to schedule interviews?
thank you

@immatch2015 Dont schedule them so early that you dont have time to practice/mock for the interview, but not too late in the season either because id imagine interviewers get tired of interviewing at some point toward the end of the interview season so id avoid too late if possible.

Thank you @sys_71082

I feel like everything is very slow and quiet this year compared to last season.

@elly_js i actually feel like its the opposite. last year img's really didnt hear back until october but this year a few img's have already received interviews.

Just got an IV invitation from Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ.
Not the best program but I like NJ and the beach, so I'm excited about it. Smile