USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
for old img's and mom's - 1128 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: for old img's and mom's - 1128 (/showthread.php?tid=631337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-27-2011

I am a very old IMG (2000 graduate) with 3 kids (busy schedule with kids Sad ), just started my prep for step 1 from kaplan anatomy (my first read). i need a female study partner so we can study kaplan material together (we can study the units from kaplan & then discuss the topic online on skype) ............ before scheduling the exam, just wanted to complete my first read .....though got very little time for studying but still hanging with a little thread of hope ..... if any one interested, my email is....... wimziegal and my skype id is wimziegal ...... plz plz do add me in too.. Sad i really need some motivation
good luck to all of u Smile

1128 - ArchivalUser - 11-28-2011

@amaani.....hang in there we are all in the same boat. im wanting to write my exams in feb as well....going through FA.....i have 25% left to go. and about 50% of uw already done. we are all rooting for you....

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-28-2011

@1128

hi .. how is ur prep going on

i was planning to give in feb too .. and rt now i still need to do my revision for biochem and pharmac and behav, and anat .. so much .. and i m taking almost 15 ds for each .. am, startin to lose hope .. i ve already wasted a yr cos i dint know how to prepare . nor anything about mle .. am also doing uw side by side ..

how is ur prep going and whats ur plan .. every morn i wake up and i start getting depressed that its taking me so long ..

1128 - ArchivalUser - 11-28-2011

@owlcity....i have great days and not so great days....just like you. right now im in the process of trying to finish off blood from FA and patho. want to finish in the next two days......i agree there is a TON still left to do....i have finished about 50% of uw.
as far as my plan goes: finish FA by december 15th....then take a few days off (to celebrate my 10yr annaversary), start dit and finish that in 15days.....then take an nbme.....and start to focus on my weak areas and revise FA along side.....if im scoring badly on my 2nd nbme i will go back to kaplan lectures and focus on my weak areas...get back to basics....try not to feel depressed.....right now JUST focus on finishing your 1st and 2nd read....take an nbme see where you are....most of all dont veer off from your plan.....that will only cause more delay....i do 6hrs uw and 6hrs reading...i hope i have helped

I just thought to encourage you all. I have a daughter who is 5 months old and she is my first. It wasnt easy having to take care of her with help just from my husband but I made it through to take my exam. Listen, you all are strong women who have the power to do anything. Dont quit on this dream, keep moving on and you will see light at the end of this tunnel in Jesus' name. Amen.

Amen. thank you very much iyadara on behalf of the oldimg's and mom's
please keep us in your prayers.

@doc_mommy am so sorry for replying late have not been here for the past 24hrs.
I can help you with the material but right now i ve got an urgent assignment to do wont be around in the next 4 days but as soon as am back i will contact you for the materials.

@All Mom's wont be available in the next 4day pleases you ladies should remember that we have a goal, focus on your dream. A singer say you can get it if you really want x4
But you must try try and try try and try
\\\\\you will successed at last.
So we must successed at last
see you ladies in 4days.

Hi I am in the same boat have a 3 month old and just started my prep gave exam when i was 8 mnts preg did not make it got very depressed did not gain any wt after my exam and my baby was born low birth wt had to be in an NICU for days . I have started studing now tried to gather all my courage to fight this monster. It is so nice to see so many motivted women out there makes me feel very motivated keep going u all may allah be with us in all we do and help us as he has given us this reponsibility of being mothers and now he will help us ameen.

welcome melody2904.
wish ul al d best in this journey,felt really sorry for u..dont worry keep moving.

@ iyadara.congrats on being done with the exam.
i m 2011 yog.i m concentrating on fa,uw.most of the moms here i suppose r..do you think it would b enf for the exam if we score good in nbmes,uw asss?any spl advice for moms here.
wish u a great score.