USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 (/showthread.php?tid=788766)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-21-2014

Did anybody hear from allegheny general hospital?? they have put me in waiting list. anyone in same boat?

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-22-2014

@ pfo:

No, I do not need visa...
I am not from the city u mentioned but I have worked there before coming to US..
I am not sure if we know each other..

@ balorena: Why would u do that? I sent my application in $1 and few cents in USPS.. standard ground mail..!

@rsonani

okay. good for you if you don't need a visa. You might here back from mount vernon in jan so stay hopeful. again an advice is don't do USPS ground mail as there has to some sort of confirmation so either certified mail or priority mail would be best options. Obviously don't spend 28$ on UPS or fed ex but 5 to 6 $ is not that huge a amount.

This is because when i called they said that you should do this to make sure your mail gets delivered and otherwise there is no proof or guarantee that it reached where it was suppose to. Write back to me on pfokiller only if interested in exploring our familiarity. If not, then good luck to you for all your endeavors.

On Friday, November 21st I got 3 rejections:

Huntington Memorial, Pasadena CA
Flushing Hospital, Flushing NY
Pinnacle, Harrisburg PA

Is anyone interviewin in Johnson City, NY at UHS Hospitals program?

Hi troublemaker
Thank you for the prompt reply last time regarding St. John.
Could you tell me a little bit about the interview itself? Like do they ask
Medical questions?
Thanks in advance

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-23-2014

Anyone interviewed already at Ocala Regional that can share their experience ?

Anyone interviewed at Harlem hospital recently?
Do they ask specific details in the medical questions. Thanks in advance.

@ aswathiwarrier

Oh, you shouldn't worry about the IV at all. It was very relaxed. I was interviewed by 2 faculty - Dr Donaghue and Dr Bankstahl (one-on-one), no medical questions, just general stuff - where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, why Internal Medicine, what do you like doing in your free time etc. They also asked a few questions about my CV. Each interview lasted like 7 mins. Everybody was soooo nice and friendly. It was their first interview day of the season, so I think they were a little bit nervous, too Smile I also liked Simon, the program coordinator, a lot.
So yeah, overall it was a very good experience. I've had 5 interviews so far and they're still my favorite.

Thank you so much troublemaker. So
Dr. Hilu is not interviewing. Did they
Ask to present an interesting case or something ?

I think Dr Hilu was interviewing too, just not all the applicants, only the ones that were assigned to him. There were 4 or 6 interviewers total, including Dr Hilu. Nope, no interesting cases, at least I wasn't asked anything like that.