USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
for old img's and mom's - 1128 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: for old img's and mom's - 1128 (/showthread.php?tid=631337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

1128 - ArchivalUser - 11-29-2011

@dockol2011 i have a 6yr old and an 18mth old....like you i read to my 6yr old and then when its bed time i kiss him and tuck him in bed....if he comes out for whatever reason i am a little strict with him. i try not to bargain because then all he wants to do is bargain. i dont give him an option. if that does not work tell him that he can sleep in your bed...do your routine and then turn off the lights....once he is sleeping you can transfer him into his bed. i hope i have helped.

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-29-2011

I do try the same as you do for putting me kid to sleep. But for some reason he does not want to sleep alone and wants me to stay with him in the bed for nearly 2hrs. Anyway I have to some
homework regrading this issue. So nice of you for your time and kind reply.
Thanks again.

Is it ok if I read from kaplan pathology and then hear goljan audios as I am finding kaplan pathology more understandable please tell me I am in a dilama please help me what to do I read rapid review pathology goljan for my previous attempts but it is very extensive and time taking it is easier to understant kaplan patho vedios and follow the book please advice i want to save time and do effective study now as i have very little with a 3 month old baby.
I would really appreciate if some one can share there study plan with me so I know where am i going wrong.my email is melodycoon73

@melody....i know of some people who dont like rr golijan....they stuck to kaplan and understood the concepts......i agree with you that golijan is very extensive....he also has another book....his lecture notes....it is in black and white with no pictures....try that book.if you find that too dry, then do kaplan and listen to his audio. take an nbme if you are weak in patho then i suggest you listen to his audio several times till you understand his concepts. if all else fails go to golijan. i personally am doing FA+golijan (lecture notes)+uw. i am not doing kaplan.

hi 1128 that is what iread for my 1st attempt the black and white notes it is in point format and may be i thought it is keeping me from know concepts as i am used to reading book in pharagraphes which i find easy to comprehend. i got the new rr goljan and read that for 2nd attempt and could not do revision as that book is the same point format and i am finding it diff .
do you know of some who did kaplan patho and passed the exam or do i have no choice i am listening to goljan during my chores . please let me know how did you plan your complete step 1 study please .i am strating now and want to kow how to plan my study how many kaplan reads to i need before i take 1st nbme i will be very thankfull to u or some one reading this post to help me. melodycoon73 gl

hey melody2904
my prep.....i read kaplan once and golijan once, i also listened to golijan audio and im planning to listen to them once again,i have already started FA and UW....im making notes from uw on a seperate piece of paper and adding it to my FA. im doing uw subjectwise. (some people use mix but i feel i am learning more if i just do it subjectwise) i try to do 12hrs of studying (on good days) 6hrs uw and 6hrs reading...then i will listen to DIT lectures.....plan to finish those in 15-20 days and then take an nbme. after that i will start to focus on my weak areas... iam planning to do uw atleast one more time.if im stuggling with something i will go back and listen to lectures on that particular topic. and then take another nbme....im hoping to do all 9 nbme along with fred 150 questions if i start scoring above 500 i will sit for the exam. if not i will continue to focus on my weak areas....probably listen to dr najeeb's lectures......its an extensive plan....i hope i am able to knock this exam out of the parkSmile)

hey ladies Smile
i need the DIT COURSEany one plz? plz send me on skype or give me a link 2 download it plz.
my skype id jan2010uary thank u

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-30-2011

count me in . iam planning to give exam in march.Have 2 girls.
Trying to focus on firstAid,UW and NBME.

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-30-2011

@1128 what is fred 150 questions ? it is also another qbank ?

1128 - ArchivalUser - 11-30-2011

@usmle2177 they are free questions you can do from usmle.org a lot of students say they got questions from it....it also helps if you got the old questions as well...its good practice....