USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
for old img's and mom's - 1128 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: for old img's and mom's - 1128 (/showthread.php?tid=631337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

1128 - ArchivalUser - 12-21-2011

The end of the year is the time for distractions, visitors, christmas, new year.....too much time away from books....its been 3 days since i last touched my books....my goal....to finish all of FA by end of december

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-21-2011

I got my results today and by the grace of Allah ive passed! i scored 203/78. I know its not a v.high or screaming score but im satisfied with it as i studied during nine months of pregnancy without any help from my mom or my mom in law or anybody. Had my baby and then went through that time of breast feeding and waking up at nite studying and taking care of the little one. i had only my husband to support me through out this time but he also had to go to work so pretty much i was on my own in this prep journey. Then when i took the nbme and UW after my 1 year prep, didnt get any amazing score or anything, just scored 330 in nbmes and in UWSA 460. I was very nervous after getting such low scores in nbme and uwsa and thought abut postponing my exam date but that was not possible either in my case. So i kept my trust in Allah and went ahead with my exam. My exam was quite tough as well, some questions were like french to me, like i didnt even know which choice to pick! but all i did was just take the exam and didnt miss out on any question, just answered something or the other even if i didnt understand the questions.
So overall i think, it was not my hard work, it was just the prayers that worked in my case, prayers from my parents to grandparents. So all of u mommies out there, WE CAN DO IT! dont lose hope, keep reading and more importantly praying... u all will pass! Ameen!

@aleenaf CONGRATULATIONS......We are all sooooo proud of you. I remember you said that you came out of it kinda dazed and confused......YOU ARE AMAZING. Writing your exams with baby and no help.....I wish i had half the stamina and determination as you....wish you the very very best in your other steps.
I have a question...is kaplan patho enough? and where do i study genetics? please share your prep with us.

@antonella and 1128:

Thanks a whole lot for replying. Life before getting married ws v simple, where we could study with more concentration...bt i know for all of us, studies hv become a greater challenge now...but we hv to keep ourselves motivated.
From your advices, i think i should just concentrate on finishing my first read of kaplan notes thoroughly in these remaining months of pregnancy, as a first step. If i wont find something clear enough in them, i will open the bigger books. I hope 4 months will b enough for that. Once the baby comes, there will b a break, i hope not v long... Bt right now, i should just concentrate on reading. Thanks for helping me in this.

Antonella, what are u doing masters in n from where?
And best of luck to both of u girls n to all mommies!!

@1128:

Thank you very much. I found out about this forum during the last 2 weeks of my prep when i was doing nbmes and getting low scores everytime and when i saw that there are so many mommies like me working so hard, it just motivated me not 2 postpone my exam and to go for it inspite of my low scores.
Yes i did kaplan and first aid for patho, also tried doing goljan but was just half way thru when i went into labour, so couldnt finish goljan, but at the end days of my prep i just went thru all the goljan slides.

So basically this was my prep: kaplan lecture notes- 2 times, first aid- 3 times, kaplan qbank-once, usmle world- twice, goljan slides- once in last days,did NBME 2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12 and did 6,7,11,12 twice and also did UWSA 2, did not have time to do UWSA 1. But in the last week of exam my focus was on FIRST AID, NBME AND UW.

@1128: I did genetics only from kaplan lecture notes with videos and first aid.

@usmle2177 Happy Birthday Love May God Fulfill
The No Of Your Days

@aleenaf. congrats on being done with this exam n getting a decent score.
hw wer the q like wat % wer tuff ? n wat % easy.do u think the q can b ans after doin uw,fa,kaplan.? my exam is in 2 months.i m done with kaplan 1 time, fa 2times,uw 2 times.my uwsa 1 204/440. wil b giving nbme soon.do u think 2 months time is enf to improve.any spl advice 4 moms here?
congrats again n remember us in ur duas.certainly we r in need of it.

Yes definitely, u have ample time to improve ur score! I think if ur concepts are strong then focus on reading FA and doing UW questions. I made a mistake by doing nbme in last 2 weeks before exam, i think u should take nbme atleast 1 month before ur exam to see where u stand.I think before doing nbme if u can just memorize the whole FA book, u will pass with great score iA.

@alneenaf....if you had to go back and change something about your prep what would you have done differently....thank you for answering my previous question...i appreciate it