USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
exam takers in JAN JOIN HERE - shigatox22 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: exam takers in JAN JOIN HERE - shigatox22 (/showthread.php?tid=638465)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-07-2012

@ shiga..if yu are asking my skype...umerhayyataulakh

i came across a question today about colonic diverticula and in UW the explanation says:

"Colonic diverticula are pulsion by mechanism and false by structure."

--i understand the false by structure part but what does pulsion by mechanism mean? and its the same for Zenker's diverticulum.

Can anyone please explain!

thanks

i guess it just means pushing forward......

pulsion mean like a force...e.g in divericulosis in eldery there colon lumen is weaker soo when theres increae intraluminal pressure it pushes outward(aka pulsion force) againt the colon lumen creaating false diverticuli

Zenker is same time pulsion type cuz of weak cricopharynerous muscle increase intraluminal pressure pushes outward on the lumen n creates the outpouching

GL

Hey guys...what is your time schedule? At what time do you get up and sleep?

@ shigatox ---

ok thanks! so i took your advice shigatox and i have been taking the UW blocks timed/random....but i am not doing that great...feeling very disappointed and frustrated. I have finished about 10 block so far. Got a little disappointed with the scores so i stopped doing UW and was reading FA for a week. Just started UW again yesterday and my scores are worse than before. I know everyone tells me that its to help you learn...but i feel like i have been reading for the past 4 months and its just not showing me any progress...I pretty much finished reading FA but i have like 5 more chapters left. feeling very disappointed!!

hmm well did u do kaplan LN or kap vids...cuz with kaplan and FA cover prob 90% of concepts in UW maybe more...the real core n foundation to ur knowlegre should b kaplan then only will FA n easy n UW questions easy to understand

GL

shiga-do u think doing kaplan videos for physio conrad fihser is worth?and behav sc?

if yes then how many hrs does it take as a whole to finish conrad physio lectures ?
can u please let me know if watching immuno behav sc videos r worth...am dont have much time for the exam but if this hellps am ready to it....

@zuby mmm if u presses on time i dont think i would recommend conrad for physio i would go over all the physio section questions in UW instead...but for BS i would recommend doing the first 5 vids i think just the ones on epidemiolgy ... desciptive n inferentail biostats..bias...n the diff types of studies like chi sq etc