USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
for old img's and mom's - 1128 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: for old img's and mom's - 1128 (/showthread.php?tid=631337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-07-2012

@usmle2177
can you also send me offline uworld too @ somefun45
thank you

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-08-2012

@crazymom & doctore1111 i will send u the uw by tomorrow i have been busy

I'm a mom of 2. I read kaplan once except pharmaco twice, did Goljan and now doing uwqs and goljan transcripts. Still don't feel comfortable with the qs and my subscription is about to end.Can someone give me some advice or send me the uw offline?Thank you feel so desesperate since my hub is asking me when i'm going to take the exam.Can't tell him i'm not confident enough.crazy situation.

1128 - ArchivalUser - 02-08-2012

@crazymom.....i am the last one to advice since i have not yet written my exam but as wife and mom's we all have been/are in the same situation as you...hang in there. do all your material once and quick....then start uw offline and make notes into FA, believe me the first time things DONT MAKE MUCH SENSE. dont be discouraged. your second read will fill in the blanks....i am just starting my second read. its easier than the first. dont set the date till you write your first nbme and get a good score in it. thats what my plan is.

i am amom of 3 kids too young ,how do u manange ur time with the kids?really its very hard

excuse me ,for the ladies who r doing offline usmle qs ,r these qs download from free medicalbook site old year like 2006 or u bought them recently then doing it offline from usmle site

1128 - ArchivalUser - 02-10-2012

Just finished genetics from kaplan....doing uw questions on genetics.
Advice: Listen to kaplan lectures on respiration. understand what they are talking about. understand what TV,FRC,VC,ERV all are. the q's in uw are trickey.

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-10-2012

@crazymom & doctore1111 please check ur mail

@mamaford thank u soo much for ur wishes & i wish u the same with all my heart

@1128 wow!! welcome after a long time , i was wondering where u were ?

Hi moms out there.
Just want to know some thing other than exam.
I am a mom of 6 yrs old. I can never think of having another child as I could not take and finish even a single step. Also I had a very difficult complicated delivery. Never had a single helping hand from anyone. I often think I am blessed with a kid, that is enough. But sometimes I see people around and husband's family insist me for one more. Though I ignore them, but feel am I doing right thing of not taking the 2nd one. Is it good to have a only child?
Pl let me know.

Hi dockol2011,
Your question is an interesting question, but you and your husband are the only one who can answer that. It is up to you and your hubby to make that decision, not your in laws or your family.Now,if his family are so eager for another grandchild ,than why they are not giving some help???
If you feel like you can’t do it, than you can’t. I have a colleague who is doing a Masters in my class and she has 6 kids, (2 kids -9 and 11 at home,2 already graduate (on their own ) ,2 doing their masters and 4 in college ).She also has full time job as an advance practical nurse in ER (makes between $50-75 per hour ) and some part time per diem at another hospital .Than she has husband and she is enrolled in a master degree –taking 2 classes (2x3 =6 credits ) and plus clinical rotations (has to finish 175 hours for this semester).The only help that she is getting is from her husband who is also working full time, but he is a good moral support. She didn’t nor she has any family members to cook or clean for her ,but like any other American Women is doing what other women are doing=working and raising kids.
She is my inspiration bc I think that I am not capable of doing of what she is doing.Now, you are the ONLY one who knows of what your capabilities are. I hope my response will help you clear your doubts..
Cio
Warmly Yours,
Antonella