USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 (/showthread.php?tid=788766)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-13-2014

@rsnbst

When people don't post the dates when they got the interviews I list the date when they mention them.

in your case, on page 73 of this thread you mentioned those interviews on 10/11 but not the dates when you got them. I will update the list with the new info you provided.

is the peak period for ivs over?
or are most programs still sending invites??

There are two DMC/Wayne State University programs in Detroit by the way. One is the DMC/Wayne State University and the other is DMC/Wayne State University (Sinai Grace) program. Confusing.

I got an interview from the former, not the Sinai Grace one.

@drk111

I am familiar with those 2 programs as I also applied there. The way you mentioned the program was confusing. Thanks for the correction.

Yeah...to be honest I am still kind of confused Tongue I'll know for sure when I get a confirmation I guess.

@drk111

They are different programs with different ACGME ID#. Check with your ERAS to see where you applied.

Indeed.

I am quite sure I got an interview from St. John Episcopal on Friday. It was an empty email that only said **HIGH PRIORITY** in the subject. It was sent to 4 other people along with me. I called PC today and she did not have any clue how to go back and check her sent email. She asked me for my AAMC ID and told me to go ahead and pick a date right there on the spot. I asked her to give me sometime and I will let them know but to please go ahead and send the invite email again. After no email for few hours I called her again and some other person said that the PC is too busy and call in an hour. I called again n this time she told me she will send it when she can. This person was quite rude over the phone. Over all very unorganized and unprofessional way of dealing with applicants. If I receive a fair amount of other interviews I am strongly considering not attending this one or any of the other nyc programs that have sent invites so far. Have been trying to call NYMC for few days too but always on voice mail.

I think it says a lot about a program when their PC/management is sending out empty emails and does not have technological capability or patience to deal with the issue.

Any idea if woodhull hospital have sent IV's / rejections yet ?
I want this program Wink
I did IM and peds rotations last year , pretty cool place
no idea if they have started yet Sad