USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
What is the role of STEP 3 in match process? - ampicillin - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 3 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What is the role of STEP 3 in match process? - ampicillin (/showthread.php?tid=300321)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What is the role of STEP 3 in match process? - ampicillin - ArchivalUser - 05-09-2008

What is the role of STEP 3 in an interview and match process? any body?

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-09-2008

No role...
It just gives the program directors bit of relief that you will not fail in step 3 during your residency.
There is some preference,but not very much

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-21-2015

thx

Step 3 is the last hurdle to an independent license and can help people who are borderline. Also, you won't need to study things outside your specialty.
I can think of at least one program that doesn't interview people without step 3.

it ILLEGAL if any program take step 3 into their criteria! but, indeed residency programs have done a lot of illegal things already!

illegal discrimination on age, origin, all the illogical about scores, letter of recommendation, personal statements........all kind of BS for residency selection.........

i wonder why all applicants are MDs and agree to suffer they treat us like trash and not to sue them out of their businesses!

MDs told me they were asked personal questions at their interviews! others said they got one interview and were so happy! damn, it is like getting gold in the annual "gold rush"? who actually gets gold every year, must be ERAS of ECFMG and ERAS of AAMC, not any applicants, not me !

really residency and USMLE that still doing a lot of changes and press much unnecessary stress on test-takers have gone too far into IRRELEVANCE for American licensing and healthcare ! but they still SIT AND ENJOY the WINDFALL annually million dollars annually!

Be careful don’t be fools!! Thinking that step 3 is not so important.
If you are a foreign medical graduated with more than 3 years and multiple attempts, you most have the STEP 3 in order to be considering for a position, possible you not will be call for an interview in some programs w/o STEP 3. Actually I know 4 cases, two dropping from residency for failing step 3, and 2 in hold until they PASS.
My best advice, DO NOT apply if you are an old medical graduated with multiple attempts w/o STEP 3 PASS or will be a waste of money. Don’t even try… there is so many people wasting 2000 or 3000 dollars in application for nothing. At least you know that you complete all steps. Then you put your money in minimum 60 applications and wait.
Remember it is almost mandatory to do Observer in the program with better possibilities plus volunteering etc and have a good friend very close to the program Director.
Let said, communitarian hospitals(for foreign medical graduates basically ) has usually 6 or 12 positions. Avery resident has one recommendation, plus let said there is 6 or 12 excellent students just came out of school with 1st attempt more than 210 in each. Plus the attending of the hospitals and Directors friends recommend 12 more students. Total between 18 or 36 possible candidates for only 6 or 12 positions. They interview 100 for usually 3000 application per program. How do you think you are going to compete with the first 18 or 36 that I mention before? . So you better really be one of those or you will be only a number to complete the interview protocol.

@satirolx:

wrong thing is residency is NOT supposed to use step 3 no matter who applicants are and another wrong thing is US citizens are the one who should get position before guests no matter how many years they are!

if that is called a training system and get the money from tax payers!

a lot of violation of civil rights, EEOC, American Constitutions in many ways ! it is CRIMINAL!

this is why the wrong mindset of applicants to give leeway for residency programs to abuse and discriminate and rummage the licensing system like a professional NAZIS!

@satirolx:

wrong thing is residency is NOT supposed to use step 3 no matter who applicants are and another wrong thing is US citizens are the one who should get position before guests no matter how many years they are!

if that is called a training system and get the money from tax payers!

a lot of violation of civil rights, EEOC, American Constitutions in many ways ! it is CRIMINAL!

this is why the wrong mindset of applicants to give leeway for residency programs to abuse and discriminate and sabotage the licensing system like a professional NAZIS!

@satirolx & all other who read this thread:

this is why the morally corrupted licensing system would bring into American healthcare more of fake and elusive and scared and robot-built worker MDs who are too afraid to speak up the truth or any creative and inventive notion or ideas because of being afraid of to lose their positions in the money-making machinery medical corporation and that is the most dangerous way to destroy American CIVILIZED FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY!

that is what much much much more dangerous in the long run for American culture and future than a position in residency program!

@satirolx & all other who read this thread:

this is why the morally corrupted licensing system would bring into American healthcare more of fake and elusive and scared and robot-built worker MDs who are too afraid to speak up the truth or any creative and inventive notion or ideas because of being afraid of to lose their positions in the money-making machinery medical corporation and that is the most dangerous way to destroy American CIVILIZED FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY!

that is what much much much more dangerous in the long run for American culture and future than a position in residency program!

by telling you this fact, i DO know at least a few MDs from India as these prototype!

i am so worried for the future generations!