USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
I Failed 6 Times - - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 3 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: I Failed 6 Times - (/showthread.php?tid=7814)

Pages: 1 2

I Failed 6 Times - - ArchivalUser - 06-21-2003

Sal - Salgam

Hi,

My name is Sal and living in NJ. I completed my OB/GYN residency last June (2002) and claiming unemployment since then. I just got my 6th USMLE Step 3 test result today and devastated. In NJ, I can only take the test 5 times and pass all 3 steps in a 7 year span. I surpassed that 7 year span now. I don't know what to do. Email me if you know any information. I have been deferring my loans of $200,000+, also. Please help. Thanks.

--Sal

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-21-2003

terminator - dvsrinivas

take plab exam in uk. start earning upto 4000 dollars a month and pay back the loans. thats what i have been doing

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-21-2003

shocker!!!

perhaps, try other countries or your own country wherever you from.

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-22-2003

Navarro

Terminator, Could you please give more details about the PLAB, is it easier than USMLE, once you are done with it what are the possibilities of getting a job in the UK. If you are a simple MD (without any fellow ship) can you still find a job in the UK.
Thanks
Navaroo

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-23-2003

Weiver

What if you try from California or Conneticut?
Weiver

MKANSARI - mkansari7

6 attempts are ok... try to study one more time i.e. 7th and try to under stand the pattern and criteria required for patient treatment, location of treatment. Most people fail on there criteria. Also there are some states that has no limits on attempts. Wish you all the best..no loose heart...

kchan

I have failed step3 2 times, recently I took a review course in NJ by premier review I think it was very good and I am hopeful that I will pass this time. I just took exam and waiting for the results and let you guys know if I passed. You can get their information on www.step3review.com Good luck!

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-25-2003

Fra - franciscofr88

Sal, - WOuld you like to study online together i will be taken the test within the next 6 to 8 weeks.

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-25-2003

Sal - Salgam

That would be great, but I never studied with anyone online. What's the best way to do that? Email back and forth? Chatroom? Are you in the NY/NJ area? I'm in Hoboken, NJ. Let me know. I will be retaking USMLE Step 3 sometime in September, so this is good timing for both of us.

Also, what's yor name :-)

--Sal

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-27-2003

Vinaya

vinaya - vinayakonduri -
Hi
I am doing my residency at the Bronx VA, Nyc but live in Nj.
I am interested in person. I had gone to kaplan live lectures
and also have lot of good books, but I am lost I really don't
know where to start. I need a good plan.