USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Failed Step 1 Twice - riazu25 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Failed Step 1 Twice - riazu25 (/showthread.php?tid=820705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Failed Step 1 Twice - riazu25 - ArchivalUser - 01-20-2016

Just wanted to get some input about trying for residency after failing twice on step 1.
Thanks

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-20-2016

keep your head up and try again

keep trying! Build up your resume with other aspects like research and voluntary work. Do some more rotations, talk to some mentors about recommending you to program directors.

Don't give up!

Try to hit 250 next time. Take your exam when you get good score in assessment exam.

Hey!! Don't worry about that. I am in the same situation. Failed Step 1 twice. Took some months for resting and I am up for Step 2 and then Step 1 after. Try this. I got this advise from a friend that had the same situation and got excellent results.
Don't worry!

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-21-2016

You are not going to find residency. Better look for a different career.

@jjrodz
listen man, i don't really understand why you re so full of stool. you keep trolling this website and mainly discouraging people, you are the same guy in the matching/residency forum that told a lady to go terminate her pregnancy if she wants to match. if you gave up on yourself, don't try to take others down with you. i won't be surprised to find out that you re indian.

@riazu25
i will advice you to go back and watch kaplan videos to start afresh, and start UW immediately, while doing UW, make sure your WRITE AND WRITE AND WRITE out concept and make sure u revise it everyday. i can't emphasize that enough. do that for both correct and incorrect options. it will take some time and it will be painfully long but at this point, thats your only shot to overcome your recall problem. remember, u need to do it the old fashioned way, which is write write and write with your pen. no screenshots, no typing, no highlighting, MUST WRITE AND NOTE IMPORTANT POINTS AND CONCEPTS.

one more thing, you need to stay away from this forum, 90% of people are like @jjrodz, they don't wanna see u succeed. most of them are indians. just believe in yourself and you will make it. your fate of residency is not in anybody's hand, its in Gods's hands. so just do your part and leave the rest to God. best of luck

Thanks guys really needed some encouragement.

@bojs212
Thanks for the advice I'll study as you have advised

Just bookmark this page and come back when this person finally decides to give up on this deluded dream after spending countless hours and money. I am giving good advice.

@bojs212 Wth does being Indian have to do with anything? Way to generalize/stereotype an entire race of people.

@riazu25
I'm not going to sugar coat anything. The chances aren't looking good with 2 fails. However, absolutely blowing the test out of the water on the third try will be your best bet. By that I mean you need to score ~240s+. So make sure this time that your NBMEs are higher. Watch Kaplan, Do Uworld multiple times, annotate First Aid with all your info and use Pathoma for patho.

Lots of residencies are unforgiving but there are some who are willing to forgive and see that you have overcome this deficiency. Although you might not get residency with 2 fails, I feel passing this test may become a personal achievement at this point. Good luck .