USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
I passed step 3! thanks to God - resident16 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 3 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: I passed step 3! thanks to God - resident16 (/showthread.php?tid=820768)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

I passed step 3! thanks to God - resident16 - ArchivalUser - 01-21-2016

hi everyone,
i used to frequently visit this website while preparing for usmle step 3 and used to read a lot of forums for guidance and experience. i recently took my step 3 exam and passed with a good score. So just wanted to give back.

I studied approximately for 6 months. i started my prep using Kaplan lecture notes and videos. After i got through my first reading i did my second reading and also did Kaplan qbank simultaenously. once that was done, i started with mksap qbank for internal medicine. during this time i made all my notes in the kaplan books.
after that i did archer lectures for step 3. they were very informative and also did archer ccs prep - this is very good because dr red really teaches how to navigate through the website.

after this i started my uworld question bank and did 2 blocks everyday. also constantly reviewed my notes along with uworld notes. for biostats, i did biostats review which is additional subscription on usmle world website. and i would practice all the ccs cases on the uworld software and the practice software provided by nbme which has 6 cases.

to make sure i was doing questions, i did all the clinical mastery series for all the subjects - medicine, obgyn, psychiatry, neurology, surgery. finally i took the nbme and then uwsa.

God really helped me throughout my prep by guiding me every step of the way.

i finally went to the exam. day 1 - the questions were really long, biostats was all interpretation questions. very few calculations. but doable. the medicine questions involved patients with a lot of factors going on in the stem.

day 2 was more straighforward. uworld really preps you for all the ccs cases. some of the ccs cases are new but uworld really preps well and thus you will be able to manage the case.
apart from that, there were few pictures on my exam, but they are classic pictures, so those were easy.

my advice to you guys would be do your biostats really well, know how to interpret the stats and not just the calculations.

Good luck to all of you.

Hope this helps.

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-27-2016

What's ur score and how many hours did u spare in a day ..ur preparation is awesome .by the way r u in residency

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-27-2016

Also can I provide the link to mksap for int med qbank

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-28-2016

thank you very much for the information. do you have any advice on how to study for the drug ads because I don't think the uworld biosats has any review on drug ads.

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-28-2016

Does this clinical science mastery series help you ,bcz it is not for step 2 ck

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-01-2016

Can anyone post step 3 preparation material and their downloadable links

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-02-2016

great.. lots of congrates on passing it. i wanna know few things.

Can you please tell me, Is it sufficient to do biostates from uworld.

you got score report. what is the date mentioned on it? the date of your day 1? my friend has issue, his 7 years are going to finish passing his first step, and no time to study for step 3, so if he doesn't appear before 7 years, he ll have trouble. so he wants to appear day 1 within 7 years and then 14 days gap.

will be so much thankful.

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-06-2016

masny congrats, thanks for posting your exp

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-09-2016

I think that the second day counts while figuring the 7 year limit.

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-12-2016

@drqstep3 my report has the first test date on it. But your friend should contact ecfmg to verify for his own individual case. It's better to be 100% sure than to speculate.