Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To: prams, about research job in US - kgmom
Prams, as for research job in US, you may want to decide what field you want get in, basic, clinic, and what specialty? then talk to people or look for scientific journal, find out PIs(princial investigator, the bosses), then contact them, state your interest, attach your CV, wait for interviews.
But, you may need to know that, research job is not fun if you don't have passion in it, a lot of people taking these job just for purpose of greencard. low pay, demands great physical and mental effort. since the economy is not good now, getting funded is tougher and tougher, I am a junior faculty, but I see myself in nowhere in research area.
if you have greencard, not desperately need that small salary, just go for your board exams, good luck.
kgmom! i totally agree with you. principal investigator is not always good and they dont pay you according to the time you spend with them. i have been doing this for more than 3 years but eventually i got green card. my advice is instead of wasting time on that its better to study for usmle if you have other way of support. medical assistant jobs are much better than research.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »