Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ccs- iddm - aphrodite
36 yo male with classic features presenting at the office.
manage.
H&P

Order
CBC
Serum glucose
Serum electrolytes
BUN/Cr
Urine analysis
Counsel about tests

extend clock for earliest result,schedule appointment(???) at office

Counsel and educate about DM and IDDM
Insulin therapy, other therapy based on test reports.
home glucose monitoring
order
base line ECG, HbA1c, ophthal , screen for thyroid abnormalities, lipid profile
Counsel about diet (formal dietician consult/refferal)

schedule office appointment when earliest test report

counsel/modify/treat and risk factor
3 monthly HbA1c, yearly ophthal................

please correct. how should i manage while waiting for the first set of reports to come in?
inputs appreciated.
i guess-diet modification untill results/depending on urinary glucose -calculate insulin dose.i prefer second one
how do you practice different cases using the CCS software on the USMLE CD
i think wecant practice but we can familiarise with software.
for example i need pleural tap-pleurecentesis/thoracostomy/needle thoracostomy/tube thoracostomy.which one i have to type-this thing we can know by practicing.
hope i answered ur q
Thanks for your answer.
I have a few more questions :
1) In office based cases , if we order tests, do we just advance the clock to know results or set up follow up appts for pt if results come few hours later on same day or another day.
eg if pt comes for chronic constipation and we want to do colonoscopy , do we type it as an order in the first office visit with all tests , or wait and get results and then schedule another appt when we order colonoscopy

Iam very confused abt how we order tests

2) Similarly , in if pt comes to emergency and we have alreday done electrolytes , do we repaeat it in the ward on the same .
Also when we transfer pts do orders get automatically transferred or we have to reoder things like electrolytes etc

Please help ...iam very confused with the software
sorry my second question was not clear .....here it is again

2) Similarly , in if pt comes to emergency and we have alreday done electrolytes , do we repaeat it in the ward again on the same day .
Also when we transfer pts do orders get automatically transferred or we have to reoder things like electrolytes etc
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »