Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Matched!!! - erakdrds
Does anybody has any idea that usually fmgs get matched at what preference order in their rank list???

( Amgs :- 80% get 2nd preferences and 94% get 3rd preferences)
well, sadly only 50% imgs matched last year. you draw your own conclusion now.
Hmm, well May God bless all of us !!!
but my question is even though 50% IMGs Matched, do the statistics take into account the number of IMGs who couldnt get ECFMG certification in time, or had interviews from places that took too little seats to the Match or for any other reason..... if we add prematch to this 50% then I think this percentage would go up to the number if IMGs that were able to land in a residency spot.....I think it would be far more informative they tell us the magic number like say the IMGs that ranked 5 programs didnt match or those who ranked 10 did match....looking at 50% can only make you pessimistic
Places like Abington take 3 seats to Match, Fairview takes 5 to Match and St. Joseph paterson takes none to Match and St. Barnabas takes 4 to Match so if I have these 4 interviews my chances of Matching are bleak....
102 u have a great point,all they do is tell us 50%imgs match,but there are so many modalities to consider like u mentioned that are not part of that number
asdfasdf
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »