Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IL state license appllication - ycl
It seems so complicated to me. The program does not handle it for the applicants. I have completed step 3.

I am not sure which packet to fill out the application.

Any idea?

Thanks
I presume every resident needs some form of a license while on residency? who takes care of it? is it the program? i didnt take step 3 yet and plans to take it while on residency..somebody pls help
It seems that everybody, regardless step 3 status, needs a license before he can start his residency. It is a TRAINING license. It that right? Our program asked us to start asap.

More info appreciated, esp IL.
A little update on this issue. I talked to the "Residency Education Coordinator" in the medical school (not the one in our program). She said she would send everyone the forms and instructions about it soon, and I do not need to worry about it yet. It is straight forward process. I am glad there is actually somebody in the hospital to take care of it for me.

I told her that I am IMG and it may take longer to get verification done from my medical school, so they will email everything to me today to get it started. So do bug your program.

By the way, I talked to a couple of licensing service for information. They said to stay away from FCVS, at least at this stage of training license application, because it is partial service and takes much longer to get things verified.

GL
i matched too here in IL. Im a GC holder but not yet taken step 3. My program will be sending packets for my licensure. Does anybody know how is the process of licensure? How long is the processing? Will there be enough time b4 residency starts in July 1? I guess we will be spending $$$$ again for the application and documents will be sent again to our med school for verification? Anybody experienced this process b4?
takes anywhere between 4 to 8 weeks to get your liscence.
i got my packet..one of the supporting documents needed is a CT-Certificate of Licensure here in IL.
Do I need this document certified by the professional regulation commision in my country where my license was given? Is it an absolute necessity? If it does, then I will have a big problem because I am now based in the US, and my license has expired 3 yrs ago. Red tape in my country is terrible. I could ask relatives to settle this but they will have to travel a long ways and spend a big amount of time just to fulfill this requirement. How did u guys do it?
pls help..all match applicants in the state of IL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »