Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Problem - mysticsoul
Hi. I have been studying for almost a year now. Sometimes regularly sometimes on/off. About preparation, I did it in a weird way. I don't know I should regret that or not. But I could not help it. I kind of memorized the Kaplan DVDs. I would play a subject, say pathology, watch it as carefully as I could, paused after each sentence and/or issue, reflect back on it, tried to memorize and repeat everything. Invariably it took me about 6 months for my first reading. Later on it wouldn't take as much time. I have completed almost 3-4 readings (viewings lol) of the entire series. I have done QBank in tutor mode. But my problem is that at the back of my mind, there is still a guilt that I havn't read the things from Lecture Notes. Whenever I would sit back and do the Lecture Notes, after 1 or 2 pages I would find out that everything was the same as in the DVDs, obviously more confusing and condensed, so I would again go back to my DVDs and do the same thing from there. So I havn't been able to read my books but I can watch all the DVDs, and for the most part, follow them all, even anticipating what the lecturer is gonna say next, in just 15 days now. (Microbiology is an exception). Did I make a mistake in not reading from the books?
do UW Q's and learn from them. and then take nbme to assess urself.
hi mysticsoul, dont worry . do UW as our friend kyr suggested / q bank questions and try to analyse and understand concepts. by the way i am in a similiar state as u r feeling guilty abt my prep . but sticking to Q's and FA and trying to improvise concepts. u will be fine. GL
Thank you all for your help Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »