Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about citizenship - sam111
I have been staying in US since last 3 years, but I have my green since 9 years. 3 years before i used to visit US every 2.3 years just to renew green card. Now can somebody tell me how much time does it take to become a citizen??
As I know, you should be a citizen, because it takes only 5 yrs after your green card has issued. Well, I am not sure how it affects the staying out of the U.S for more than a year.
as far as i know you are not allwed to stay out of the US for more than 6 mo w/o a Visa and 1 years w/ a visa (the visa gives you permission to be out of the US for a Year when you have a green card) When you enter the US n they see at customes that you have been out for a year they will make a notation in your passport. This makes the citizenship process and paperwork a little more complicated. so best is to consult an immigration laywer for more detailed info

as meeee said after your green card became an unconditional green card u can usually apply for citizenship 1 year after that. The whoe process takes btw 6mo to 1 yearsince everything is pretty much done via internet now (at least the paperwork processing time has been cut down)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »