Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wat - amantidine
is the next step in management in low grade dysplasia.
EGD w/ Biopsy every 6 mo - to look for progression
no...thats again the 2nd step
ok here
1.we treat pt aggressively for GERD in order to rule out inflammation cuz low grade dysplasia looks like inflammation.
2.we biopsy in 6 months n if pt shows no sigh ...it means ...pt had inflammation...
but if its low grade dysplasia then surveillance with EGD done after every 6 months as u mentioned above.
how will u know its Low Grade unless u have already done EGD prior?
So ur saying EGD shows Low grade -- Rx agressively 1st for GERD?
yessss....
this is wat i just heard in IM first lecture.
Acc to the teacher u treat pt agg with GERD treament..if any doubt...u an lesten to the IM DVD lecture.
i don't have enuf knowledge at this moment like u do...n am not in the position to argue with u but u can make urconcept clear by listening to the lecture...n can figure it out that i am not lying.
thanks
I never said ur lying dear, I already listened to the dvd and I get ur point. EGD is done in any Pt < 45 y/o or w/ alarming Sx's such as weight loss, anemia dysphagia

So I just answered according to how you wrote the question. For u to know the grade an EGD w/ Biopsy must have been done.
i know u wud 've listened to the DVDs by now...
but sometimes we still miss n forget imp factors...
thats y i am putting these small little things in here in order to learn it good.
how will u know its Low Grade unless u have already done EGD prior?
So ur saying EGD shows Low grade -- Rx agressively 1st for GERD?
the aswer is
u ruled out nflammation by treating pt aggress with GERD Tx.if pt did'nt recover then its low gradedysplasia then u do biopsy to confrim it.....i listened to it again n this is wat the teacher mentioned.
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »