Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice - drpardha
I am an old IMG with Psychiatry experience in UK and now in Australia. I am preparing for Step 1 now.

My question is would it be advisable to continue in the clinical job here or a research job in USA till I finish all my steps better?

I have no significant research credentials in my CV so thought I can have some preferably towards US experience.
What do you guys suggest?

Thx
if u take a look at the inputs here, maybe you can judge for yourself. It's really hard to say...do you really want to go here if you have a decent aussie job? up to you, but just think about it. i didn't think about it when i took step 1...it turned out to be a hell of a lot tougher than I thought, and Im not talking about the exam.
drpradha, ure experience is awesome i presume. try finishing ure steps in australia and apply for next years match. U will definitely get a position here. It wont matter much in psy about USCE, but if u get an opportunity u can do that also, but i feel if u score well, and have recos u will be sitting pretty good for next years match. I guess ure looking for a long term settlement here right??
Yes travis....

The thing about Australia is it's great place to be life style wise. But people are getting uneasy about IMGs especially Indians and again it takes upto 6 years to be a Consultant.

Thanks for your pkleasant input

What about you?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »