Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
match 2009 - luciecr
I want to apply for match 2009, just passed step2 CK, want to sit step1 in may and CS in july. I guess I wont have my CS score on time for applying in september. How much harm will this do to my application? I am an IMG. Thanks anyone!
Please anyone, i know you are all busy. But I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks.
you know the answer...less interview offers
less competitiveness because you still don't have the certificate as compared to the others who have completed the exams....

but you know this already....
Yeah what doc-rv has said it's true...but it won't be the end of your dream of applying to the next match..focus on those program where ECFMG is not required at the moment of the application and of those where you have contacts.
Thank you doc_rv and bird77. I really had no idea how important this is since I read a lot here that some people were still doing exams couple months before the match. I am really upset that it takes this long to get the results. Do you guys know how long approx. it takes to get CS result and the ECFMG certificate after that? Thanks again.
If it will hurt you, I think it will just be a bit. I had classmates who applied this year and who took the exam only in October. Got 8 interviews in the process.

virtuoso
By the way, the reporting period is in usmle.org under Step 2 CS. Check there. Once you pass your third exam, you will get the certificate within 2 weeks by Fedex.
Thanks a lot virtuoso_pianist for your positive views!
If you have an otherwise strong application you should do just fine. Had a similar application time line as yours last year. CS in July and applied without CS results on September 1st. Got certified by only by mid October. Had applied to 90 places.. got almost 30 IVs.
Dear Depp24, thanks a lot for your reply! What would be the most important for a strong application? USCE or scores,etc..?
I am 2005 female grad from Czech Republic, worked 2 years in the UK(Foundation programme-similar to residency, lots of taster specialties-4 months OB&GYN, then ER, cardiology, surgery, urology, renal..)
step 2 CK 234/97, 1 publication, no research, would like to do US observership in August.
green card

Would like to apply for OB&gyn and since its competetive also for IM and FM I guess.
Would you consider this strong application so far?
I am debating whether to apply only to IM or FM or both..to get better chance of getting a job since I am worried OB will be impossible..

Thanks for advice anyone!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »